Mexico on Diamond Princess

paulli

We just returned from a Mexican Cruise on the Diamond Princess. The ports were Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo. We did the dive in Cabo offered by the cruise line shore excursions. It was great; they used a company called Underwater Diversions http://www.divecabo.com. There were about 12 divers on the boat and they did a good job dividing us up in two groups by experience level. We dove two sites close to Pelican Rock including the sand falls. I have been diving for one year and have 42 dives logged; we were with the advanced group. This was my first warm water dive and also first dive not in a dry suit so it was amazing.

My wife did a dive at Puerto Vallarta and had a great time. The dive operator they used was a company called Vallarta Adventures. Apparently they used a large boat with many snorkels and several divers. However, the dropped off the divers at the sites first and left smaller tenders to pick up the divers and return them to the snorkel boat after the dives. This apparently worked pretty well.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks paulii for the info.

I just returned from Mexican Riviera cruise on the Diamond Princess. Have cruised the Mexican Riviera several times and never gave much thought to diving in PV or Cabo. I posted a couple of months ago on this board asking about diving in these ports and didn't get much response so I passed.

Next time I'll take your recommendations and dive in PV and Cabo.

Russell

Archived