What's up for 2009?

Bramcruiser

There is a loose-knit group of guys who enjoy visiting and living in Baja California (Particularly general areas of Rosarito Beach and Tijuana) and we are organizing a Halloween cruise!

We have selected the Carnival Spirit, departing San Diego October 26th for 8 days, returning November 3rd. We will be visiting the gay bar in Acapulco and make arrangements for a party there! ;)

Since we have many friends for whom the typical reservation/deposit requirements could be a problem, we have negotiated a deal for a modest deposit and payment plan. We are having a barbeque President's Weekend in Rosarito for everyone to sign up!

We'd love to expand the group and invite anyone who is interested to join us on this cruise. I'm not an agent... but a friend got me to go with him on a Carnival Elation last year and just decided that life was too short not to include cruising in it, so I am organizing this for friends new and old.

Only just see this thread.

We are going quite OTT in 2009 with 3 cruises:

1. A 4 day cruise on Cunard Queen Victoria going to Normandy, Belgium and Holland leaving on May 2.

2. A 16 day Eastern Mediterranean cruise on Cunard Queen Victoria leaving on September 2.

3. A 16 day South American cruise on HAL Veendam leaving on December 5.

We always enjoy meeting other GLBT on our cruises and hope that's the case with the ones above :)

I haven't worked since January 2008. Having said that, Pete & I will be on Diamond Princess Sept 12, sailing from Vancouver to Alaska, & on to Japan, Korea, Russia & China for a 22 day extravaganza. Always wanted to see Asia.

Steve

My partner and I will be on the Paul Gauguin October 3-13. We didn't travel in 2008 (but did move to Seattle and bought a townhouse). We bounced around a bit on what to do this year but decided to take advantage of the fall off in demand for luxury travel and the great offers out there for a trip we normally could not afford.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

My partner and I enjoyed our first cruise in early December 2008. We did the Southern Caribbean on the Windsurf. We were the only ss couple on the ship as far as we could tell. It would have been easy to determine as the ship had only 97 passengers on a ship that usually carried 325. We had amazing service and enjoyed all our ports of call. We would definitely go Windstar Line again.

In July 2009 we are travelling with the Oceania line on the Nautica. Our 12 day trip goes from Athens to Instanbul. We were thrilled to get a $2000. reduction on our trip due to advice I read on this site. Woohoo - more money to spend on our extended stay in Istanbul.

Ciao for now,

Don

My partner and I began cruising in 2005, and now we're embarking on our fourth cruise in December 2009. Unfortunately, we can usually only cruise once a year (how do you guys do four in one year???!?!?!--I can't get that much time off work!).

Our tenth anniversary is August 1, but since I cannot travel July-October for my work, we're celebrating in November/December this year with a trip to Australia Nov. 26-Dec. 13, with the RCL cruise on Dec. 1-11 bookended with days in Sydney.

I've started a roll call for this trip in both the G&L Cruisers and RCL-Rhapsody of the Seas sections of the message boards, but so far no one's responded.

It turns out it will be an economical vacation, as hubby flies a lot for work, and using United FF miles he was able to fly us business class from Chicago to Sydney and back (through SFO going down and through LAX coming home), and we only had to pay for the taxes!!!

We hope to meet some great GLBT people on this cruise, as we did on the NCL transatlantic this past November!

--Michael (and Chad)

I don't feel nearly worthy!!!!!

Last cruise was in 07, next one is in July on the Miracle for 8 days.

I did get a suite this time though, we're gonna have a blast.

Hope to see a bunch of family there, alywas makes things more fun.

Dennis

Hi

My partner and I are going on the Island Princess in September through the Panama canal, first time with Princess, and my partners 1st time to the states, we have 3 days in San Fran before the cruise.

Adam & Geoff

• 1 month later...

Like Jake, a friend and I will be cruising to Bermuda on NCL Spirit, but a week later (May 22 - 29). Hoping to meet other guys on the ship. If anyone else is going, give me a shout!

Ptowngam

• 1 month later...

I need your suggestions now. I was planning an Asian cruise with the boyfriend but I chucked him out at the weekend. I want something long (behave now!), sea days, adventurous ports and low single supplements - it's a difficult find but it is possible. I don't mind cobbling two cruises together to travel further. Any ideas?

Craig

I'll be taking the Carnival Triumph to Canada July 4th. I've taken one of Carnival's Canada cruises just about every Summer for the last 10 years. This year the prices have come down quite a bit. I go single and with a balcony averaged slightly less than $300. per night on line, with my past cruiser discount. I'd pay that for a decent room alone in the Hampton's. It's a nice party boat for singles and I've always managed to find some folks from the family on board.

Archived