Duty Free Question

pommiepom

Hi,

Am going on the christmas cruise n was wondering if anyone can tell me.

Do they sell Horizon (purple) smokes on the ship or in Vila. My brother in law wants them as thats all he smokes.

I hope someone can tell me.

Thankyou

Am not certain but dont think so, we were there last year with friends and she smokes Horizon menthol and I know she couldnt get, she ended up getting Alpine and winfield and longbeach. They were only 5.00 on the ship, whether you got 25s, 30s or 40s, all $5.00, so she bought heaps on the ship and then her duty free amount at Villa. Hope that helps a bit for you.

Hi,

Am going on the christmas cruise n was wondering if anyone can tell me.

Do they sell Horizon (purple) smokes on the ship or in Vila. My brother in law wants them as thats all he smokes.

I hope someone can tell me.

Thankyou

I am not sure about the availability but make sure you remember the duty limits on bringing them back in Australia.

I am not a smoker but I think you are limited to one carton per adult which I think is 200 cigarettes.

Have a great cruise!

You are allowed 2 cartons per person, but if you are just buying single packets you can get as many as you like. when we went i would buy a few pkts a day and my hubby would also do the same, and just put in suit case, then at duty free you could get your 2 x cartons. There were 8 of us and we all did the same

It is only one carton of smokes per person and approx 2 bottles of alcohol.

Alcohol

If you are aged 18 years or over, you can bring 2.25 litres of alcohol duty-free into Australia with you. All alcohol in accompanied baggage is included in this category, regardless of where or how it was purchased.

Tobacco

If you are aged 18 years or over, you can bring 250 cigarettes, or 250 grams of cigars or tobacco products duty-free into Australia with you. All tobacco products in accompanied baggage are included in this category, regardless of where or how they were purchased.

You can usually have a couple of packets in your bags as well, but I wouldn't want to push the limits. Tassie, you sure were lucky, technically you could have been hit with duty.

You are allowed 2 cartons per person, but if you are just buying single packets you can get as many as you like. when we went i would buy a few pkts a day and my hubby would also do the same, and just put in suit case, then at duty free you could get your 2 x cartons. There were 8 of us and we all did the same

In places like Vila, you can buy as many cartons as you can carry. If anyone wants to sneak things through customs you will probably get away with it. If picked by customs, you will be liable for duty for the lot.

The customs limit per adult for tobacco from their site is as per Jane has mentioned.

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=4352

Archived