MyTimeDining Fleet Wide Dates

Why not wait until the cruise line releases the information on their website before getting upset? Maybe posters should not be placing this information on the website before the cruise line gets a chance to release the information. Reminds me of the recent room service thread. Maybe someone in Miami needs to find out who is releasing this information and tell them to stop it.

Why try and stop the flow of information rather than encouraging RCCL to do a better job of communicating. Even when RCCL listed the the new surcharge for room service, it was hidden deep in the web site with no explanation what-so-ever. I have learned more about it here than I ever will on the RCCL web site.

I wonder if this is something they are offering first (only?) to UK customers? It seems the UK folks are able to do it but we here cannot. My TA said they were not doing MTD on our Monarch trip in April. Maybe they are offering it to UK folks only?

My TA asked if the implement certain benefits such as MTD to RCCL UK only and was also given an adamant "no". I think it is probably a matter of the US having more customers, so they roll things out slower and possibly poorer computer systems, communication, etc that slows things down here.

I like the traditional dining, but would like to give this a try. Because we are going with a big group who scheduled the early seating, way too early for me, I just may want to try MTD. The lack of communication is what is frustrating, but if it is being given to the UK passengers I'm sure it will be offered to the US passengers, just a matter of timing. Since it is so last minute, I'm hoping that you would have the opportunity to change on board the first day.

Anybody heard of anyone booking MTD in the US yet?

I know that some of our fellow passengers on the Jewel repositioning from Boston to Miami last October booked MTD and were quite pleased with the experience. There are several threads on these boards where posters have recounted their experiences and most of the ones I have read have been quite positive. We are considering trying it for our next cruise, even though we have always enjoyed traditional dining and usually book late seating.

Anyone heard anything in the last day or two about it being implemented thru the USA RCI group? We're hoping for the Voyager on the 8th of Feb.

I believe there is some kind of issue of adding it into the system in the USA but you will be able to sign up for it when you get onboard if MTD is available on your sailing :)

It is expected to be in the USA system by April.

I believe there is some kind of issue of adding it into the system in the USA but you will be able to sign up for it when you get onboard if MTD is available on your sailing :)

It is expected to be in the USA system by April.

I guess that is another reason to rush to the port first thing in the morning. I will be soooo sad if I can't get MTD because of getting on the ship late and it already being full.

I don't understand if they can do MTD for the 7 or so ships that have had it for a whlie, why not for the rest of them. Maybe I should offer to fix their computer systems in exchange for a free cruise or two. :D

Yep. We booked it a few weeks ago for April on the Adventure OTS . No issues at all.

I am trying to find out if on your invoice, it says Main dining or does it say MTD, as we book it for the Oasis and it says Main dining:confused:

Carol:)

I guess that is another reason to rush to the port first thing in the morning. I will be soooo sad if I can't get MTD because of getting on the ship late and it already being full.

I don't understand if they can do MTD for the 7 or so ships that have had it for a whlie, why not for the rest of them. Maybe I should offer to fix their computer systems in exchange for a free cruise or two. :D

Hi Ann :D

You never know you could be lucky and they will have it available for you to book before your cruise. If you notice the post above yours you will see that cruisingator2 has been able to book MTD for his cruise in April.

Will keep fingers crossed for you :D

I am trying to find out if on your invoice, it says Main dining or does it say MTD, as we book it for the Oasis and it says Main dining:confused:

It shows as Main dining. It was the same way on my last invoice which was the Freedom that we cruised on back in November and on the Oasis invoice that we had.

It shows as Main dining. It was the same way on my last invoice which was the Freedom that we cruised on back in November and on the Oasis invoice that we had.

Okay Gordon then on your My Cruises under dining what does it show? My Time or Main?

I asked for my booking with Late Dining to be transferred to a TA from RCI requesting My Time..when the TA sent the invoice it now says Main Dining. At first I thought an error was made now I am thinking perhaps I indeed did get the My Time if that is how it shows up.

The TA is pre paying the gratuities so not sure how that would show up on the invoice.

Thanks Gordon, that is what I wanted to hear:D but I do wonder why they do not put MTD:confused:

Okay Gordon, It says Main dining on My Cruises:confused: is that how it works also, same as the invoices:confused:

We sail on the AOS July 5th, 2009. I just called 10 min. ago to switch our Main Dining to MTD (the list says it starts Feb. 15). The lady put me on hold for 10 min. Got back on the line and said she'd called MTD and they didn't have it available for the AOS on the 5th. I'll try back later, but wanted to let you guys know!

If the list posted by the op at the beginning of the thread is correct, which I believe it is because the UK and Canada can get it, I can just see this loooooooooooog line when you get on the ship in the dining room to book it on board. I'll probably be in that line, cause I just don't want to eat at 5:30. What will be, will be certainly won't let it spoil our cruise.

Archived