MyTimeDining Fleet Wide Dates

And the degradation will be complete.

Ah, I remember two years ago when I was going on the NCL Jewel and all the RCL folks were comdemning the "Freestyle dining". I wondered when the evil empire would rear it's ugly head!:rolleyes:

FYI...... I asked for MTD last week when I booked the Adventure for July. I didn't even think to ask if it was available! And the reservationist put it on my reservation without a hitch (except for the prepaid tips).

Steve

Emmy, we always asked for a table for just our party. They always asked when we walked up what type of table we would like.

Gordon, could you dine with just you and your husband, is there tables for 2.....and If someone had Early or Late Dinning would they be able to join you one or 2 nights, or would they have to go to their Early or Late Dinning.....

Carol:)

My Time Dining Implementation 2009

Ship ---Starting Date

Liberty ---17-Jan

Vision ---18-Jan

Voyager ---1-Feb

Navigator ---5-Feb

(after drydock)

Explorer ---13-Feb

Adventure ---15-Feb

Grandeur ---26-Feb

Majesty ---27-Feb

Monarch ---8-Mar

Mariner ---9-Mar

Splendour ---23-Mar

Rhapsody ---2-Apr

Thanks for the info. It helps us to know which ships to avoid.

All the ships that are not there have already started the My Time Dinning....so by April 2nd they will all be MTD.....

Carol:)

MTD is an option. One can still choose the regular seatings so why do you feel that you would need to avoid any ship? Besides, you would have to avoid all of RCI as all of the ships will, or already do, have the MTD option.

Carol-

There were several tables for two on our 11/07 Jewel cruise. You can't switch back and forth from one to the other though. There are a set number of tables for this concept based on the number signed up so it's not flexible enough to allow for someone to "join you" for a night half way through a cruise. On the Jewel the My Time Dining was full before we even set sail, there were those who wanted to switch the first day and couldn't.

We LOVED the concept. RCCL handles it very well, there were no "flashing beepers" as I've read about on other lines. We NEVER waited at all, we had the same waiters all nights but one and they were so apologetic about that one night that we were almost embarrassed. It was great and I disagree COMPLETELY with someone referring to this a "degradation" of the cruising concept. This was the BEST cruise we ever had and will sign up for My Time on every cruise if possible from now on. My sister and her husband who cruised with us agree completely. I am thankful that RCCL has gone this route. Early seating time is TOO EARLY and late is TOO LATE, this is wonderful alternative!

Does Serenade not being on the list mean that is already has MTD on it, or that it just is not scheduled to begin on that ship yet? When we booked our cruise for March our TA did not ask us about that option.

Serenade already had it in April when we were there. We weren't asked when we booked but we got an email from Royal asking if we wanted to try it. We didn't - we prefer late seating.

One thing that was nice though -on the med cruise where it is so port intensive - we came in one night and thought we'd like to eat early and retire early - we were allowed in to the My Time even though our regular table was 2nd seating. That kind of flexibility made it very convenient

2 questions:

1) Do you ever have to wait for a table?? I take a medication at dinner time, and I MUST eat before 1/2 hr is up. Otherwise they will find me on the floor.

This is not a problem with traditional, because they are extremely efficient.

2) For those who purchase a wine package. In traditional seating, your server knows you and always has your bottle waiting for you. If it is a new bottle each evening, no problem. But for my wife and I, it takes more than one sitting to finish a bottle.

Carol-

There were several tables for two on our 11/07 Jewel cruise. You can't switch back and forth from one to the other though. There are a set number of tables for this concept based on the number signed up so it's not flexible enough to allow for someone to "join you" for a night half way through a cruise. On the Jewel the My Time Dining was full before we even set sail, there were those who wanted to switch the first day and couldn't.

We LOVED the concept. RCCL handles it very well, there were no "flashing beepers" as I've read about on other lines. We NEVER waited at all, we had the same waiters all nights but one and they were so apologetic about that one night that we were almost embarrassed. It was great and I disagree COMPLETELY with someone referring to this a "degradation" of the cruising concept. This was the BEST cruise we ever had and will sign up for My Time on every cruise if possible from now on. My sister and her husband who cruised with us agree completely. I am thankful that RCCL has gone this route. Early seating time is TOO EARLY and late is TOO LATE, this is wonderful alternative!

Okay I need some clarification~This does not sound too flexible to me. One night you might want to dine alone but what if you meet others and you all show up at the same time and you want a table for 8 I would hope you can be accomodated just because on one evening you dined at a table for two. This is how I would expect it to work..am I wrong in assuming so?

My Time Dining Implementation 2009

Ship ---Starting Date

Liberty ---17-Jan

Vision ---18-Jan

Voyager ---1-Feb

Navigator ---5-Feb

(after drydock)

Explorer ---13-Feb

Adventure ---15-Feb

Grandeur ---26-Feb

Majesty ---27-Feb

Monarch ---8-Mar

Mariner ---9-Mar

Splendour ---23-Mar

Rhapsody ---2-Apr

I called C&A yesterday after reading this to inquire about my 2/22/09 cruise on the Voyager, and the rep didn't have any idea of it for Voyager. She even looked on her reference sheet and there was nothing about this. I'll have to inquire again when I make final payment next week.

I just called C&A to make the change from late seating to MTD on our upcoming Monarch cruise in April and was told that I have to wait until March to do that since March is when MTD is being implemented on that ship. I'm very excited about trying MTD because early seating is way too early for us, and late seating is too late. I feel like Goldilocks....:D

Karen

The whole cruise.

From the RCCL website:

Must pre-pay gratuities to participate - this includes tips for your waiter, assistant waiter, head waiter and stateroom attendant

Why do you have to pre-pay your gratuities to participate? Don't get me wrong! We always tip above and beyond what is recommended, but I just wondered why that is a stipulation?

It doesn't take much to confuse me at the Holidays:

Sooooo cruisin gator , you mean you walk up anytime in those hours, you dont have to make reservationsbefore the cruise, it will be 3 people at 7:13 and you have to show up at that time every night?You just go whenever between 6 & 9:30 with 2 or 20 people?

Also , they are screwing with me more by saying on some cruises, now thru Dec.23. It will not be fleet wide but random dates, for random ships?

emmy-

We were a table for 4 and never changed but I see no reason why you couldn't change from night to night, but if you have not given them any idea of the change in advance you may have to wait while they put together a table for 8.. BUT the 8 would need to be all signed up for My Time Dining too I would think, you can't float between fixed and My Time, at least you couldn't on the Jewel.

We generally ate at 7ish but others came at different times, the Host is available after 3PM to make reservations, but they WON'T turn you away if you just show up whenever, you just might have a slight wait, we only saw one group wait once during our 10 night cruise and that was only for minutes.

B52-

We NEVER waited AT ALL. And as I just said we only saw one group wait for a few minutes so I would think you would have no problem, especially if you made the Host aware of your needs at start of cruise.

Hope that helps.

The tips have to be paid in advance because in My Time Dining you are not guaranteed same wait staff, especially if you come at different times each night so that's really the only fair way for that group. We had no problem with it and the service was so good that we wound up tipping quite a bit extra because our dining experience was wonderful on the Jewel with My Time Dining.

Archived