MyTimeDining Fleet Wide Dates

I am trying to book MTD for my cruise on Voyager 3/1. I called my TA Feb. 1 when MTD became available on VOTS. They spoke with someone at RCCL and they were told that we can only book MTD once we get onboard. I will try again later and try emailing RCCL since some of you have had success that way. I'll post the results.

I called and changed our dinner reservations today, MTD on Voyager 12/5.

The TA had never heard of MTD and the person she called on RCCL was unsure as well as the MTD option wasnt available for my booking. But after some checking around (I guess) my reservation was changed :)

Happy that I stumbled across this thread as the info on RRCL website doesn't mention Voyager and MTD option at all.

We did My Time Dining last November and our reservation stayed as Main Seating right up until the last time we checked prior to boarding the ship. Supposedly their computer system can only handle Main and Late although somewhere it is noted that you have 'Open Seating'. On our confirmation from the TA it did say 'Open Seating' so just took that with us just in case. No need to worry it all worked out fine for us, we loved the option and will do it again. I would just ask for a written confirmation from someone and take it with you.

We did My Time Dining last November and our reservation stayed as Main Seating right up until the last time we checked prior to boarding the ship. Supposedly their computer system can only handle Main and Late although somewhere it is noted that you have 'Open Seating'. On our confirmation from the TA it did say 'Open Seating' so just took that with us just in case. No need to worry it all worked out fine for us, we loved the option and will do it again. I would just ask for a written confirmation from someone and take it with you.
I appreciate you posting that info. I'll just take my TA invoice with me on-board.

Just called the MyTime # today and got all our Monarch 3 night cruises changed over to MyTime. Had her send me new confirmation noting such. So now all of the cruises we currently have booked are under MyTime. Will book another Monarch this weekend while we are on board and get the MyTime also. This will be our last cruise with traditional dining. Can't wait. My nephew just got back from Serenade and said the MyTime was absolutely fabulous.

Just called the MyTime # today and got all our Monarch 3 night cruises changed over to MyTime. Had her send me new confirmation noting such. So now all of the cruises we currently have booked are under MyTime. Will book another Monarch this weekend while we are on board and get the MyTime also. This will be our last cruise with traditional dining. Can't wait. My nephew just got back from Serenade and said the MyTime was absolutely fabulous.

Can you please tell me the MTD telephone #. Thank you

Just got back from the LIberty and we had booked MTD with our TA prior to departure. When we arrived on board we noticed our sepass showed main seating so we made our way to the DR and confirmed that we were well indeed on MTD. A sticker was then placed on our seapass covering the main seating and thus indicating MTD. FYI, they are actively advertising MTD once you get on board and will only take the first 100 people for that sailing. If the MTD is a success they will expand it to cover all of the DR on Deck 5 ikn the future (as per the head waiter)

We loved MTD, we showed up anytime we waated (between 6-9:30pm)and always had the same table, waiter and assistant waiter. Food was the same as the main/2nd seatings and we were able to relax and enjoy great dinners.

Cheers !!!

Just got back from the LIberty and we had booked MTD with our TA prior to departure. When we arrived on board we noticed our sepass showed main seating so we made our way to the DR and confirmed that we were well indeed on MTD. A sticker was then placed on our seapass covering the main seating and thus indicating MTD. FYI, they are actively advertising MTD once you get on board and will only take the first 100 people for that sailing. If the MTD is a success they will expand it to cover all of the DR on Deck 5 ikn the future (as per the head waiter)

We loved MTD, we showed up anytime we waated (between 6-9:30pm)and always had the same table, waiter and assistant waiter. Food was the same as the main/2nd seatings and we were able to relax and enjoy great dinners.

Cheers !!!

Only 100 with over 3000 people on board? Wow - that is going to be hard to get. Our reservation currently says MTD requested (not confirmed), but everything is still showing up Main online, so I will go to the DR as soon as we get on board to confirm. Another good reason to get on the ship early.

So talk about frustrating!!!! I'm on the April 26th Mariner sailing with 9 other ladies and have been trying to change to MTD. I called the MTD number posted and asked to change. The lady said sure and changed my cabin to MTD, but said the people in the other cabins would need to call themselves to make the change, so I sent out an email telling giving them the details.

I just happened to think of a question to ask MTD, so called the number again. This time I get a gentleman that told me MTD is NOT available on the Mariner yet. He went and checked with the lady I spoke to and came back on the line and told me she had made a mistake and he had to switch me back. He told me it was not in the system yet, but I wonder how she was able to make the switch!!!!!!! He told me to call back a week before sailing!!!!

Only 100 with over 3000 people on board? Wow - that is going to be hard to get. Our reservation currently says MTD requested (not confirmed), but everything is still showing up Main online, so I will go to the DR as soon as we get on board to confirm. Another good reason to get on the ship early.

Yes, do get on board early as MTD was full before the first dinner on Night 1.

Explorer is a great ship, enjoy :)

Heard back from TA. She again attempted to switch us to MTD for our Mariner May sailing. They told her to check back in March. I don't know how others have managed to do this.

We had the same problem today for the Voyager 3/8/09 sailing

Heard back from TA. She again attempted to switch us to MTD for our Mariner May sailing. They told her to check back in March. I don't know how others have managed to do this.

Well, after being told they did not have it, my ta just called them back, spoke to another agent. She also said they did not have it on Voyager.

When ta told her that her client (me) said they read on Cruise Critic that some passengers are booking mtd, the agent took another look and said that yes they do have it. So we are now confirmed for mtd. on 3/8/09 Voyager. We did have to pay up front for the tips.;)

So talk about frustrating!!!! I'm on the April 26th Mariner sailing with 9 other ladies and have been trying to change to MTD. I called the MTD number posted and asked to change. The lady said sure and changed my cabin to MTD, but said the people in the other cabins would need to call themselves to make the change, so I sent out an email telling giving them the details.

I just happened to think of a question to ask MTD, so called the number again. This time I get a gentleman that told me MTD is NOT available on the Mariner yet. He went and checked with the lady I spoke to and came back on the line and told me she had made a mistake and he had to switch me back. He told me it was not in the system yet, but I wonder how she was able to make the switch!!!!!!! He told me to call back a week before sailing!!!!

Wow, this all really strange. I personally had no trouble whatsoever with switching to MTD. I sent an email to rcldining@rccl.com and received a confirmation note from them. They asked that I call Customer Service and have prepaid gratuities added, which I did. I received an updated confirmation invoice a few days later that notes MTD approved. Here is a copy of the email from rcl dining:

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your email request. We are happy you confirm you for My Time Dining. Please contact the Reservations department at 800-521-8611 and they will be happy to assist you with your request and the details pertaining to your dining.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Regards,

Jenny Pratt

Administrator, Restaurant Operations

Specialty Dining Administration

Food & Beverage Operations

Royal Caribbean International

Phone (305) 539-6000 ext 12045

Fax (305) 539-4205

E-Mail:jpratt@rccl.com

Good Luck!

Wow, this all really strange. I personally had no trouble whatsoever with switching to MTD. I sent an email to rcldining@rccl.com and received a confirmation note from them. They asked that I call Customer Service and have prepaid gratuities added, which I did. I received an updated confirmation invoice a few days later that notes MTD approved. Here is a copy of the email from rcl dining:

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your email request. We are happy you confirm you for My Time Dining. Please contact the Reservations department at 800-521-8611 and they will be happy to assist you with your request and the details pertaining to your dining.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Regards,

Jenny Pratt

Administrator, Restaurant Operations

Specialty Dining Administration

Food & Beverage Operations

Royal Caribbean International

Phone (305) 539-6000 ext 12045

Fax (305) 539-4205

E-Mail:jpratt@rccl.com

Good Luck!

I have been following this thread.

Rob I too have been unable to book MY Time for my April 19 sailing of Mariner. I am booked through a TA and they just suggested that I call after March 8 when it will be implemented.

For now that is what I am planning to do.

Are those of us who are booked through TA's having more trouble than those who are booked directly through RCI/

Oh by the way Rob I have the wine dinner booked for the first night in Portofino :)

Thing is the lady I talked to the first time today did change my cabin to MTD and charged the gratuities to my account and emailed me an invoice showing "open seating". It would have been a done deal, but I'm in a group of 10 (5 cabins) and she said the people in each cabin had to call and make the change, so depending on who they happened to talk to in the MTD dept. some might have been able to change and some not. Dinner together in the evening is a very important part of the cruise to us, so I couldn't take the change of getting split up.

I called back the second time and the man I spoke to said MTD is not available on their system yet (for Mariner), so he changed me back to Main Seating. I told him how frustrating it is because some people have been able to book and some not and if it's not available on their system WHY COULD THE LADY I TALKED TO THE FIRST TIME BE ABLE TO BOOK IT FOR ME!!! They just don't have their act together!!!

Sure - it is 800-590-6218

Thanks for the #. Called today and made request for MTD. I had already prepaid gratuities. I received my e-mail confirmation within 5 minutes. The entire process wasn't easy--like pulling teeth actually. There were many e-mails back and forth and telephone calls by TA to RCI. However, once I had the above #, I wasn't getting off the phone until I had the confirmation. I was getting tired of going around in circles, constantly getting conflicting answers with every communication. Finally, it's resolved. Thanks again!

Rob I too have been unable to book MY Time for my April 19 sailing of Mariner. I am booked through a TA and they just suggested that I call after March 8 when it will be implemented.

Are those of us who are booked through TA's having more trouble than those who are booked directly through RCI/

Oh by the way Rob I have the wine dinner booked for the first night in Portofino :)

I booked through a TA and was told I had MTD. A few days after I went online to do online check-in and noticed we were down for Late seating.

I called TA who was on Holiday, so called RCI (UK) They confirmed we were on Late seating. She moved us onto MTD.

So it could be a TA problem.

kezz

We were on the Serenade last week, and did the MyTime. We requested this of our travel agent a month before departing. Had to prepay grats.

For us, MyTime is great. Main seating is too early and late is too late.

The MyTime section on the Serenade was on the upper lever of the dining room at the very back. It consisted of about 16 tables for two.

They were very close together, so you could visit with the people next to you is you chose to. It was never crowded - always lots of empty MyTime tables. There were several big banner signs around the ship encouraging people to sign up for MyTime, but few apparently did.

The head waiter said it was an experimental thing, and if successful it would be expanded to the entire upper level of the dining room.

Great news Em! Were you able to get a table for 8 online?

Boy this is frustrating, this is the response I got back this morning. So if you do not get there early you will probably not get MTD?

Good Day,

Thank you for your interest in the My Time dining option on the Adventure of the Seas.

My Time dining is available on your sailing, however, you must sign up onboard. There will be a table set up onboard that will be open until 3:30. You must sign up the first day, so get there early!

Thank you for sailing with us!

Regards,

My Time Dining Support Team

1-800-590-6218

OpenSeating@rccl.com

Boy this is frustrating, this is the response I got back this morning. So if you do not get there early you will probably not get MTD?

Good Day,

Thank you for your interest in the My Time dining option on the Adventure of the Seas.

My Time dining is available on your sailing, however, you must sign up onboard. There will be a table set up onboard that will be open until 3:30. You must sign up the first day, so get there early!

Thank you for sailing with us!

Regards,

My Time Dining Support Team

1-800-590-6218

OpenSeating@rccl.com

Call the 1-800 number and request it in person--that just worked for me. If you haven't pre-paid gratuities, they'll have you do that right then, have your CC ready. Good luck.

I don't think people understand that it's not a problem booking MTD on all ships. It's already available on the Serenade and I had no problem booking MTD on that ship. The Mariner is not yet doing the Mexican Riviera until March and they aren't opening MTD on the that ship until March 8th, so my take on it is the MTD reps are not supposed to start booking MTD on the Mariner yet, but obviously some of their agents didn't know that and have been booking it. Seems like it depends on which agent you happen to talk to. The first agent I talked to booked it for me, but the second one said they aren't supposed to and changed it back!

Archived