MyTimeDining Fleet Wide Dates

Two days ago, after our TA was told it was not possible to reserve MTD, I called RCI again. Was transferred several times but finally spoke with an agent who was helpful and said of course it was possible to do this. She was surprised that no one else had done this for us(!) Had to give her a credit card to prepay gratuities, which was fine with me. The chrage has shown up but our reservation page online still does not reflect MTD. Quick call this AM to confirm and we are, in fact, MTD. I can only guess that this is still so new, their system and people are still a little behind??? We are on the Mariner, May 3 sailing.

Good luck, all.

We were on the Serenade last week, and did the MyTime. We requested this of our travel agent a month before departing. Had to prepay grats.

For us, MyTime is great. Main seating is too early and late is too late.

The MyTime section on the Serenade was on the upper lever of the dining room at the very back. It consisted of about 16 tables for two.

They were very close together, so you could visit with the people next to you is you chose to. It was never crowded - always lots of empty MyTime tables. There were several big banner signs around the ship encouraging people to sign up for MyTime, but few apparently did.

The head waiter said it was an experimental thing, and if successful it would be expanded to the entire upper level of the dining room.

That's odd...when we were on the Serenade last March and did MyTime Dining, there were a lot more than 16 tables for 2...4 nights we sat at big round tables set up for 8, and there was more than one of these tables...I would have put the number of passengers seated at 100 at least...not 32...this experiment seems to be running a long time....was John the head waiter, may I ask?

Why did you call the second agent?

Exactly, Once I got the MTD status update on my reservation under the special services section, I RAN with it. As I previously stated, I've prepaid gratuities, have written confirmation and that's what I'm boarding the ship with.

Archived