Scuba Girl-I have a question

appgirl

Hi, you had an earlier post where you had plans to do the sea lion encounter at Blue lagoon over Thanksgiving. I was wondering if you did it and if you enjoyed it?

Thanks

Yes, we did.. and Yes we had a wonderful time. we took the 10:30 ferry to the island, where we were met by staff and given a 10 minute introduction and instructions. Donned our wet suits and down to the sea lions.. we got our pictures taken with a big male, with a very bold personality.. He was a ham.. and then on to the water where we met our beautiful female.

We kissed, splashed, hugged, shook fins, pet ,massaage and played with this joyful creature.. who took a fancy to my boyfriend and kept scooting by him trying to tip him over.. it was hilarious.

Once we said goodbye to our adults sea lions, we went to take a look at the new pup, and another being trained. (not sure if this is part of the tour, but we were a small group and the staff was very accomodating, (very knowledgeable and professional as well.

We then headed to the nearby Blue Lagoon Beach.. just breathtaking. Chairs scatterd on the pristine white sandy beach (not lined up like most public beaches) Hammocks slung in the trees. Water Toys available and a nice little bar.

We had lunch which consists of an Angus Burger with Fruit and Punch, and had a couple of drinks from the bar. ($12 for this delicious lunch)

We wandered back over to the dolphin area after lunch to watch the other programs as well.

We took the 4pm boat back to the dock with the crew.

It was a truly amazing day.

For those who are doing a program with them (dolphins or sealions) the beach is free. For those who just want to enjoy the beach, the tour is $45 for adults and $35for kids under 13. This included lunch.

There's also a basketball court, shaded pavillion, restrooms, souvenier shops etc.

I highly recommend it. A great way to spend the day in port.

Here's Some pics. (open the slideshow)

http://travel.webshots.com/album/569019735ZTMpfa

Archived