Doing the doc dance!!

Hilary

I'll definitely post a review, thanks again for the pictures of the cabin and balcony. I was pleased to see the 1074 on my documents so I know it's for real now. Can't wait to hear what Tuggers thought of the cabin since she's cruising in it right now.

Got my e-docs today for my December 20 Horizon cruise!! Have never gotten them so early, but with only 40something days to go, I'm even more excited than ever!! <VBG> Just had to share.
Hi Hilary and Happy Sailing.

Could you please explain what do you mean by "e-docs".......are these documents that you print yourself from the internet after being notified by the cruise line in the e-mail or are they just 'plain' sheets of papers that seem to be copies of the 'booklet' format, that were mailed to you by the TA (or cruise line) ?

The reason that I am asking this is: wife and I as well as sister-in-law and her husband booked a cruise for Dec.....two seperate bookings. Both of us got the documents......ours came in the spiral booklet type and theirs came as 5 sheets of paper produced by a printer.....I guess that is the 'official' ticket......but it just does not look the same as the nice and official looking booklet.

I am wondering why we got two different versions/formats of the travel/vacation documents?

Wes

Wieslaw,

My TA sent me a link to visit Celebrity's website where there was a link to my documents so I could I print them out (11 pages). This is the only way that my TA (CQ) does RCCL and Celebrity docs, and they claim that RCI is moving toward everyone doing it this way.

It seems obvious that you got the traditional tickets while your sister-in-law and hubby got e-docs which the TA printed for them. I can see why some people are going to be disappointed with e-docs because the spiral booklet is so much more fun, but personally the e-docs are fine with me.

Ocruisers,

Nope, haven't started packing yet, but you're 100% right that now it feels REAL!!! <G> My husband is hunting, and we might have someone stay with us for a couple of days when he gets back, so the packing process doesn't start until after that. I use our guest room bed as my "staging area" for things I don't want to forget, and just put things out as I remember them. I also need to order a tux for him and will measure him for that when he returns. With this being a Christmas sailing, I'm anticipating a high demand for rental tuxes and will reserve early just to be safe.

Thanks everyone for the congrats! I love this board!! <VBG>

Archived