Hqve you ever entertained your cabin steward?

IDKaren

These guys work SO hard! A recent thread with favorite pics showed a pic of someone who brought 'blow up" parrots to the stateroom and moved them around. Gave me the idea!

We bought a two foot tall inflatable ELMO doll! Every morning we would put Elmo somewhere different

-In bed

-In the shower with a towel around him and a shower cap

-Sitting at the table reading the daily guide.

-Snuggling with towel animals

-On the toilet seat with paper around his hand

-Taped to the balcony window- when steward opened the blinds-there he was looking in the window with a 'Help let me in sign".

-Kneeling on the bed with hands taped like praying- over the Bible.

-Sitting at table with napkin around neck and facing fruit bowl.

There were several other poses but I have go to say our cabin Steward had SO much fun. He said "Every morning I come in and wonder where is that little RED MAN- sometimes he is outside- sometimes he is inside-I never know"! He moved Elmo several times on his own! At the end he said he had had SO much fun with it- that his days are long and boring and it really made him laugh! We left Elmo behind with a sign saying "Please be my Daddy". For the $4.99 it cost for Elmo it was well worth it- We had fun and it entertained Noel!:D

On our New York City to San Juan, PR repositioning cruise onboard Golden Princess, we spent a few days in New York with friends and one of them bought us a little stuffed cat (we were saying how we missed the new kitten that we had rescued a few weeks before...). We would put the stuffed animal in different places each day and the steward would reciprocate and do something different each day... usually involving towel animals. It was always fun coming back to the cabin and anticipating what would be there...

Here's some examples:

1466384996_40ab321739.jpg

1466457398_aef3191d38.jpg

I love that idea. Where did you find inflatable Elmo?

I googled inflatable toys and found him there. There were SO many different kinds and great prices- it was hard to choose! I was afraid he would think I was crazy when I did it but after I met him and heard his cute little giggle I knew our steward was up to some fun! He also put Elmo in a few places so then I knew the fun was ON!:D:D

On our very first cruise, our steward made a dummy out of my husbands pants/shirt/shoes/ life vests/ towels/ hat/ and sunglasses and placed 'him' in the bathroom sitting on the toilet! I was the first one back into the room and when I opened the bathroom door, I got the surprize of my life! :D Of course, we had to share our 'dummy' with all our friends and neighbors and had many laughs and pictures taken! It was great...

We had to return the favor before we left the ship. We made up the 'dummy', put our cabin steward's name on him, placed a glass in one towel hand with a paper umbrella and his tip in the other with a hand-written thank you note. We hoped he enjoyed it as much as we had before!

Now I'm going to hunt up an inflatable ?? to play with. I won't have to worry about him 'flying off the balcony' (monkey in another post!) since we have an inside cabin this time... :D Thanks for the suggestion!

PS.. I'll try and hunt down the picture!

What a great idea!

But I have to admit that I, too, had other thoughts when I read the title of the thread.:D

Ladies- ladies lets get our minds out of the gutters now! But since you mention it--it DOES sound a bit naughty doesn't it?:D never thought of it that way--oops!

Well, there was that time when dh was in the workout facility & Juan (our cabin steward) & I ... OH ... you don't mean THAT kind of entertainment! Whoops! (just kidding)

No, I actually haven't, but that blow-up thing (again, trying to keep it clean here but having a hard time) sounds like fun. I bet my boys would especially enjoy finding places & poses for something like that.

These guys work SO hard! A recent thread with favorite pics showed a pic of someone who brought 'blow up" parrots to the stateroom and moved them around. Gave me the idea!

We bought a two foot tall inflatable ELMO doll! Every morning we would put Elmo somewhere different

-In bed

-In the shower with a towel around him and a shower cap

-Sitting at the table reading the daily guide.

-Snuggling with towel animals

-On the toilet seat with paper around his hand

-Taped to the balcony window- when steward opened the blinds-there he was looking in the window with a 'Help let me in sign".

-Kneeling on the bed with hands taped like praying- over the Bible.

-Sitting at table with napkin around neck and facing fruit bowl.

There were several other poses but I have go to say our cabin Steward had SO much fun. He said "Every morning I come in and wonder where is that little RED MAN- sometimes he is outside- sometimes he is inside-I never know"! He moved Elmo several times on his own! At the end he said he had had SO much fun with it- that his days are long and boring and it really made him laugh! We left Elmo behind with a sign saying "Please be my Daddy". For the $4.99 it cost for Elmo it was well worth it- We had fun and it entertained Noel!:D

You are so funny....I bet you are a trip to travel with. Thank you for my smile of the day.

On our very first cruise, our steward made a dummy out of my husbands pants/shirt/shoes/ life vests/ towels/ hat/ and sunglasses and placed 'him' in the bathroom sitting on the toilet! I was the first one back into the room and when I opened the bathroom door, I got the surprise of my life! :D Of course, we had to share our 'dummy' with all our friends and neighbors and had many laughs and pictures taken! It was great...

We had to return the favor before we left the ship. We made up the 'dummy', put our cabin steward's name on him, placed a glass in one towel hand with a paper umbrella and his tip in the other with a hand-written thank you note. We hoped he enjoyed it as much as we had before!

Now I'm going to hunt up an inflatable ?? to play with. I won't have to worry about him 'flying off the balcony' (monkey in another post!) since we have an inside cabin this time... :D Thanks for the suggestion!

PS.. I'll try and hunt down the picture!

Here are the 2 pictures... the one I found in the bathroom done by our cabin steward and then the one we did at the end! with a glass in hand with a tiny umbrella! Such fun...

310998355_12-9-200853105AM6.jpg.9ed94db065d2b838b2ba6c657663291a.jpg

2135474909_12-9-200853105AM5.jpg.c900b83909d2c03faa3d8b65b855124f.jpg

Just don't bring any blow-up "dolls":p On my last cruise, the room steward scared the daylights out of me when I walked into my cabin and came face-to-face with a towel animal hanging from the ceiling. I got him back, though. I had bought my nephew a wooden realistic looking snake in Mexico. I hung it up from the ceiling and when the steward walked into the room, he got a good scare. We had a good laugh about it. These poor overworked people often get a lot of grief from some passengers, so it's nice to make them laugh.

Thank you one and all!!:p A bad day, turned cold, just had sleet and this is SAN ANTONIO so not in a :) mood, until I saw and read this thread. I can't stop laughing and have to admit I too was wondering just what the entertainment was:rolleyes:

Just don't bring any blow-up "dolls":p On my last cruise, the room steward scared the daylights out of me when I walked into my cabin and came face-to-face with a towel animal hanging from the ceiling. I got him back, though. I had bought my nephew a wooden realistic looking snake in Mexico. I hung it up from the ceiling and when the steward walked into the room, he got a good scare. We had a good laugh about it. These poor overworked people often get a lot of grief from some passengers, so it's nice to make them laugh.

Thanks those of you sharing the "fun". And it was fun for all involved. you are right--these guys work SO hard and I heard so many people being snippy to them..day in and day out..same routine! SILLY? Maybe but Noel was giggling and enjoying it and showed Elmo to other stewards- if I brought a little fun to his day. YAY! BTW--my hubby did suggest the blow up doll but I nixed that REAL quick:p Oh- thanks for the 'dummy" pics too:D CUTE!!

Archived