Got Kids? Been on Rhapsody? Sailed from Australia?

jaymcc

Hi

This is kinda specific, but i'm curious to see if we will encounter the same sort of thing we had on Liberty OTS back in Jan 2007 in the Caribbean.

My daughter, 5 yo, got really confused by the staff at the kids club due to them saying everything in both english and spanish, so much so that she didn't want to go back to the club after day 1.

No big deal, but was wondering if anyone had been on Rhapsody, from Australia, with a child in the same age group and could shed any light as to whether the staff were doing then multi-language thing. My guess is no considering that the large majroity of guests will be Aussies and as such not many spanish speaking.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not really fussed either way but I do however want to give my daughter the right expectations when we sail next week.

Thanks

Jay

Hi Jay,

We were on the Rhapsody for the 22 November cruise ex Sydney. We have two children - our daughter (5) and our son (4).

We couldn't get the kids out of the club. In fact, if they weren't behaving we simply had to use the promise of 'no kids club' and they were back on track and quiet.

All of the kids club crew were great, with particular mention going out to "Sally Mally", "Jello" and "Bonnie". "Sally Mally" is originally from Australia - although I think she's spent a fair amount of time in the States.

As far as I'm aware, everything was in English only. The days of particular note were "Lazytown", Pirate Night, Rock 'n Roll night and Circus afternoon.

Have a great time - I was a little teary on the first day as they had never been at a kids club. By the time I picked them up, all fears were gone.

The one tip I would give you is to ask for a pager on the first day. We didn't know they were available and by the time we asked they didn't have any left - but they did give us the extension number to call if we wanted to check in.

Have a great time - we're already booking in for next year (if I can't work out how to get on board for the Tasmania cruise in January :p )

If you have any other questions, ask away.

Archived