Carnival Pier - Puerto Maya

heathercruisin

Does anyone know how long the Puerto Maya pier is? My mother is wanting to get off the boat, but heard that the pier is very long, and she is elderly and is afraid that it might be too much walking for her.

Thanks,

Heather

Was there a few weeks ago. It is not as long as the old one, but not short by any means. I did however see crew pushing people in wheel chairs to the gate, maybe you could inquire about that?

I'd like to know the answer to this question as well. We will have two in our group that cannot walk long distances, but will not be traveling with wheelchairs. When we were at the International pier last year, there were locals with bike operated carts that would carry you to and from the ship for a small tip. Would be happy if they had something like this at PM pier.

Also, anyone who has been to Puerto Maya lately - can you tell me if there is a beach type area at the pier? There used to be one at the old pier - sponsored by one of the bars. You could sit in their lounge chairs and the waiters would come around to take drink orders.

Sherryl

Was there a few weeks ago. It is not as long as the old one, but not short by any means. I did however see crew pushing people in wheel chairs to the gate, maybe you could inquire about that?

Do you think it was a mile long, or 1/2 mile? Just trying to get an idea, cause everyone says 'long'.

Perhaps the wheelchairs will be available so this won't really be an issue.

Thanks!

Heather

We were on the Holiday last week and it docked at the International Pier. I had read on these boards that Puerta Maya was "THE" Carnival pier. I was glad that I don't drink. It could have been bad telling the taxi driver the wrong pier for the return to the ship.:eek:

Do you think it was a mile long, or 1/2 mile? Just trying to get an idea, cause everyone says 'long'.

Perhaps the wheelchairs will be available so this won't really be an issue.

Thanks!

Heather

Hard to tell but if I had to guess I would say "less" than 1/2 mile.

Archived