Will Ecstasy dock or tender @ PDC?

jnnifer01

When are ya going?? I'm going next Monday...can' wait!!! I would venture to bet the ship will dock at Calica, which is about a ten minute cab ride to Playa del Carmen. I know there is a dock at PDC, but I have never seen a large cruise ship docked there.

It would be nice to know for sure though.

Shawn

I have seen pictures on the web of ships docking at a rock quarry in Calica ( Calica cruise dock )and several docks in Playa del Carmen ( Cruise ship dock ), but when I talked to customer service about my DM's scooter, they said that we will tender and it may be a problem. Is there anyone that has been there recently that can tell us if they docked at Calica?

Thanks,

Irene

I've been to Playa del Carmen several times and have always docked at Calica. Yep, it's a rock quarry. It's hot dusty and not very attractive but it does beat tendering which is what I've heard used to happen at PDC. There are lots of Taxis and busses available.It is a 10-15 minute cab ride into Playa del Carmen.

Give the Mexican Tourist industry a few years and I'll bet Calica becomes something a lot more appealing. I don't think anyone, the cruise lines included, counted on the explosion in business coming out of the southern US ports.

Archived