Vanilla Visa Gift Card applied to S&S account?

Freckles_51

I was recently given a Vanilla Visa gift card and since I cannot use it in Canada I wondered if I can apply it to my S&S account on an upcoming cruise. Does anyone know?

If I can, do I call Carnival or my TA ahead of time? or give it to the check-in clerk at the port? or at the purser's desk?

I've bought several Vanilla Visa Cards for Christmas gifts this year. You can purchase them in $25, $50, or $100 denominations.

The user handles them just like a debit card. The balance can be checked at a number provided.

Great gift idea! I'm sure it can be used like a Visa card when you're checking in.:)

I was recently given a Vanilla Visa gift card and since I cannot use it in Canada I wondered if I can apply it to my S&S account on an upcoming cruise. Does anyone know?

If I can, do I call Carnival or my TA ahead of time? or give it to the check-in clerk at the port? or at the purser's desk?

these cards are supposed to be accepted wherever Visa is accepted (same with the AmEx and MC gift cards). i wld make the call just to verify, but i cannot see why it wld be denied.

if they cannot do it at check in, they may direct you to do it at the pursers desk. (see the purser any time after the lines die down (not day 1, lol) up until the time before the cruise ends. it'll likely be applied as cash. they will give you a receipt, and if you'd like, they will also print out a copy of your S&S showing it as applied.

Archived