Any tips on how to be a true contender in the hairy chest contest?

riu girl

Obviously this question is from DH and not me.:rolleyes:

Any tips would be appreciated on how to be a true contender in the hairy chest contest.:eek:

I can't believe I am posting this but this is a legit question.

Thanks

Sorry RIU Girl, but my husband would win!!!!;) (if he would play...)

It's definitely less about hairy chests and more about putting yourself out there. The men who get the most votes tend to be the ones who dance and carry on with the "judges" not the ones with the hairiest chest.

Any tips would be appreciated on how to be a true contender in the hairy chest contest.:eek:

Thanks

1) Have a very hairy chest.

2) Leave your inhibitions at home.

3) Have a great time.

:)

My husband was a contestant on our first cruise and it was definitely the ones that "played" with the judges and danced down the stairs most suggestively that one the prize. (No my hubby cant dance but the crowd really applauded when he bowed before a female judge and kissed her hand.)

My brother has contended 3 times and won once! It's definately not about the hair! It is about having a good time!

My brother is a brain injury survivor. He has some motor skill issues and he has a speech and language difficulties. He has autistic tendancies at times. His dancing is definately not good and his speech when he is excited is not clear. But he had a great time! The first time he entered he won "most interesting dance". The second time he entered he was 2nd place. The third time he won! He didn't care about winning - he cared about having a great time! The judges didn't throw it his way but they did say that they would leave it up to the fans because he was having such a good time! What determined the win was the two remaining contenders had to make a conga line. Whoever had the most women in their line at the end of the song on stage won! Let's just say my brother blew the other guy away! They quit counting at 35 and there were still women piling on stage! Women would come up to him all week and tell him they were in his conga line and the men would give him high 5's for getting the most women! It made his trip! Not to mention all the tv time!

Create a frenzy! Be clean and have fun! Have your fan club spread out in the crowd on the deck to create enthusiasm in the crowd - it will do a lot for the judges!

I'm sure we'll be competing in January on the Fantasy!

Thanks

OK...here it is from someone that has been a judge (some of the ships have made a few changes where the audience does more of the actual voting so not sure if all still apply):

We looked at:

1. Entrance (on the Fascination the men came down from an upper deck)...one that did Tarzan yell and slid down the handrail got our attention.

2. Approach....be entertaining on your way over to us - cartwheels, ham it up and shake it up a bit.

3. Dancing....do a little dance with the judges.

4. Sweep us off our feet...literally. One picked a judge up, slung her over his shoulder, went around the dance floor with her.

OH....Hair Has NOTHING to do with the contest :D

BTW....I carried a large oversize magnifying glass with me (yes I planned ahead after I was a judge once). When the least hairest man got to me, I pulled it out and "inspected". :D Host that was announcing totally lost it. I also made it to the most memorable clips that they showed on the big screen in the lounge while we were waiting to deisembark. :)

An older guy who struts his stuff will get more applause than a younger one. I think the women are just patroning the geezers. Also, be the last one on the judge's right to get applause 'cause the crowd goes crazy. Ever notice ANY time there's a contest whether on a TV show or whatever and they judge by applause? It gets louder for each contestant!

A newbie here....and let me just say...for the record....

EEEEWWWWWW!

I'm not a newbie and I also say EEEWWWW! I have never understood why anyone would want to win (or compete). Each to their own I guess.

Thanks

med_glhregkit3pc-wht.jpg

Now, this is a funny thread.

My wife wanted me to take part in the contest, but I told her “Heck no!”

After watching it on the ships TV, I can say this, I would have won. The winner does not always have the hairiest chest. They must know how to work the crowd and the judges. So shake that money maker and hamm it up!

Archived