Timeframe for RC Credit Card Points

My understanding is that you need to apply the Points within 6 months of the certificates being issued.

Does that mean that you have to actually sail within those 6 months too?

I just recieved 125,000 points but would like to wait and apply them towards the Oasis but that would be past the 6 month mark.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks in advance...

No just have to apply them within the 6 months. I cashed in points months ago for our April 09 Seranade cruise, sent in the certificate and it took about 3 months for them to apply the certificate to our cruise but it is there. I probably did this about 7 months ago and our cruise is not until April.

No I do not believe so.

This is from the terms...

125,000 Royal Points (choice of one)

• Free Companion Fare on a 7 night Caribbean sailing (minimum available balcony stateroom excluding suites). Value of free companion

fare may not exceed twelve hundred fifty dollars ($1,250 USD value).

• Free Companion Fare on a 7 night Alaska sailing (minimum available oceanview stateroom). Value of free companion fare may not exceed

twelve hundred fifty dollars ($1,250 USD value).

• Free Companion Fare on a 9 to 12 night Caribbean sailing (minimum available oceanview stateroom). Value of free companion fare may

not exceed eighteen hundred dollars ($1,800 USD value).

• Free 5-7 night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for two (minimum available oceanview stateroom). Value of free cruise fare for 2

may not exceed twenty-five hundred dollars ($2,500 USD value).

thanks..next question

125,000 points give you credit for 2 -seven day cruise oceanroom view

could you downgrade to an interior room and use the remaining balance towards ship credit?

No, you can only upgrade to a higher room.

thanks..that was my understanding too

but was just told differently on the phone with RC credit card.

Based on my experience, you have gotten the right answer here. Keep in mind the people you talk to with the card are employees, or contractors of Bank of America. RCI Customer service can give you a reassuring answer. On that subject, if you do send in your point certificate to RCI for a cruise way in the future, send them registered mail so you have a receipt. They get so many they work on the ones that are closest to sail away first. If you were to apply them to a cruise 1 year out and then call to verify they have given you credit it may not be done yet. (I'm speaking of using points for on board credit, not an entire cruise, just an FYI)

Based on my experience, you have gotten the right answer here. Keep in mind the people you talk to with the card are employees, or contractors of Bank of America. RCI Customer service can give you a reassuring answer. On that subject, if you do send in your point certificate to RCI for a cruise way in the future, send them registered mail so you have a receipt. They get so many they work on the ones that are closest to sail away first. If you were to apply them to a cruise 1 year out and then call to verify they have given you credit it may not be done yet. (I'm speaking of using points for on board credit, not an entire cruise, just an FYI)

Exactly right. When I sent mine in, and then called, they said since our cruise was so far out (we cashed in 75k for a buy one/get one), it would be put in a file and applied later. I figured it would take until Jan, but it was actually only about 3 months and then one day I was online in my reservations and got the nice surprise when I saw my amount due reduced dramatically!! Credit had been applied. So if your cruise is out a ways, just be patient, they will get to it. Keep checking online to see when it is applied.

Archived