Any News On Grandeur Going To Grand Cayman On 2-12-05 Cruise?

2hoops

We are sailing on Grandeur of the Seas on Feb. 12, 2005. One of the ports of call is Grand Cayman. I know that they were hit hard by hurricane Ivan in Sept. What I would like to know is, are we going to be able to go there in Feb. I called RCCL and 3 people told me 3 different things. One said we were definetly not going there, one said we were going to have an extra day at sea and customer service said they just did not know. I called my TA and she checked into it and they said told her that they were letting some ships into port in Nov. but did not know when of if the Grandeur would be going. Does anyone have any info on this? If so please let me know. I am rather upset with RCCL on this " I don't know and I don't care attitude. Thanks for letting me vent.

You can check this site for the info you need. Looks like Grandeur will be there on the 8th and 15th, but not the 12th. Are youo sure you have the right date?

[url]http://www.caymanport.com/schedule_search.htm[/url]

Thank you for the web site that you gave me. When I said Feb. 12, I meant that was the date that we are sailing. You are right the date we are to be in Grand Cayman is Feb 15. The problem is no one can tell me if we really are going to be able to go there because of the hurricane damage and repairs going on. I don't want to make a final payment until I can get some more info. A 7 day cruise with 4 days at sea just isn't what I signed on for. Thanks again.

We will be on the Jewel of the seas 12/04-12/18. I made reservations with a tour In grand cayman for the date we are in Grand Cayman. I was under the impression they would be open and ready for business early Nov.

Hope that helps
Ria

denb: Thanks for the info on the Grandeur. That was the port I was looking forward to the most on this cruise. Just curious, you told the others to keep checking, where do you go to get this info. Thanks again, have a great cruise!

Archived