Affordable parking for those driving to Miami for a cruise

amjdcm

One of my fellow CC members that is cruising with me this Sunday found this awesome company that will let you park in their secure fenced lot 6 miles from the pier and transport you to the ship and back to your car afterward. i looked at it and it seems like a great deal. you save about 60 dollars total. there is a passenger limit so make sure to read the information carefully. there is also a phone number if you wish to speak to someone. the site is

www.unitedairportparking.com

Search that company on this board and you will find many complaints ranging from the hours people waited for the shuttle, cars broken into, cars damaged, theft, etc. from this company.

Is the $60 really worth your piece of mind?

Lastly, please think twice about recommending a company that you have yet to use. I'm sure you would feel bad if another cruiser used them on your advice and had a bad experience.

There is never a 100% sure safe place to leave your car anywhere but if u are driving down and parking your car for the week you might as well stay and park close to the port at one of the hotels that offer free parking while you cruise.

Most offer some king of shuttle service to/from port back to the hotel. Check(Miami)Hyatt Summerfield suites/ Hampton inn-blue lagoon/red roof inn/ Laquinta airport east/ sleep inn airport/ are just a few that have stay 1 night, park car free options, some even offer free shuttle to port and all can arrange port shuttle service for about 10$ a person or u can taxi back and forth for 25-30$ from these hotels.

Of all these hotels the highest price is about $200 a night to stay and when u figure in the port of miami parking of $140 for the week u would save( AND yes there has been car breakins at the port too)i have read threads on this as well! I figure the park and stay at these hotels only cost u a average of $60 for the night stay at the hotel and in the case of RED roof/sleep inn or laquinta the cost is only $140 average.

There actualy was a car break in at Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon just mentioned a couple weeks ago here.

If I were parking.... that would be where I would stay! There will be extra security measures taken since the break in was posted on tripadvisor as well as here. The hotel cannot afford any more bad press as it is generally one of the highest reviewed.

Maybe everybody else has $140.00 to blow, but to me if u staying 1 night pre-cruise and driving why wouldn't u do and park and cruise stay at a hotel? I tell u what i'll even make the reservation for u for $50.00 so u can still save $90.00. lol.

Archived