Jetblue to Move Schedule out Tomorrow

toonjie

Just wanted to let all those making flight plans know that Jetblue will be moving their schedule out to September 8th, 2009 as of noon EST tomorrow. (They have started a new program of notifying their frequent fliers a day in advance so that is how I found out.)

Those prices seem ridiculous! I'm hoping that with fuel prices coming down and the economy bad, that fares to San Juan will come down as well! Keep looking they are bound to come down, my mom got gas in NJ today for $1.59, what a difference from a few months ago!

The problem with waiting for specific flights to come down is that airlines often raise prices as the plane gets more full. The return flight we booked on JetBlue was several hundred more on American because they have been booking longer.

I would think the airlines would now be lowering airfare to spur us on to travel and spend.

The problem with waiting for specific flights to come down is that airlines often raise prices as the plane gets more full. The return flight we booked on JetBlue was several hundred more on American because they have been booking longer.

I would think the airlines would now be lowering airfare to spur us on to travel and spend.

Have you tried http://www.farecast.com or http://www.farecompare.com ?

These 2 sites will compare all fares and give you an estimate as to whether you should wait or buy your ticket. They base it both on current situations and historic norms to give you an educated guess. It's always a crap shoot, but theses sites help a bit.

I booked our flights to San Juan in October on JetBlue, for our Feb cruise, to get the preferred flights and seats. Since then, I check daily to see if the price has come down. It has, three times. I called JetBlue each time and have gotten a total of $200 credit applied to my True Blue account, which I will use toward flights for our next cruise.

Book the flight of your choice, regardless of price, and if the price goes down you can get credit (not a refund) from JetBlue. The credit is good for a year. This works if you know you will be flying them again within a year.

JetBlue is our airline of choice, especially because of this option.

Judy

When I went to book my airfare from St. Louis to San Juan in October for our Christmas cruise, it was going to cost me $1800 for 2 - more than the cost of the cruise.

Luckily, my DBIL came through with frequent flyer miles and we're going for $180. There's nothing in the world like having a relative who's a road warrior :D

Just checked or JetBlue flights to Orlando for our upcoming Mariner cruise and they went down $280 so I got a voucher! Yippee! :)

That is the wonderful thing about JetBlue......all you have to do is ask, no question, and you get a credit.

No charge for first checked bag, minimal for second, etc., etc. Our favorite airline, for sure.

Judy

Archived