fantasy smells

hott_michelle2001

:confused:i am crusing on carnival fantasy on 12/13 and i have heard a lot about the bad smells. has anyone recently cruised on fantasy? what do you think about hte smell? i called carnival two days ago and they assured me the pipes had been repaired and the smell was taken care of.

We sailed the week of Thanksgiving and there were FOR SURE some rough sewage type smells every day at some point on the ship. But on the upside...I'd rather smell sewage than punch a time-clock back home LOL....so bring on the sewage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused:i am crusing on carnival fantasy on 12/13 and i have heard a lot about the bad smells. has anyone recently cruised on fantasy? what do you think about hte smell? i called carnival two days ago and they assured me the pipes had been repaired and the smell was taken care of.

Sounds like the problem is they are serving too much food. :eek:

We sailed on the 11/29-12/4 cruise.

I was aware of the smelly situation from the previous posts leading up to our cruise. I was so concerned, I called Carnival until I got someone in guest relations and she, as promised, called me back a couple days later to say that the problem had been diagnosed during the nov 1st cruise and had been subsequently rectified.

Well, I can say that I did not smell anything the whole cruise. However, like I mentioned in another post, my sister did smell something once on the forward elevator on the last night of the cruise.

And, BTW, we stayed in M191 and M193 and there were no smells anywhere around that part of the boat ever.

Go Have a Great Cruise....and don't worry! If it does smell.....just have another DOD.....Or.. one of the Great Premium Margaritas...they fix everything!

• 3 weeks later...

This problem is not limited to the Fantasy. It's not caused by uncleanliness either. It has to do with the temperature, the humidity, etc. just like hot air rises and cold air sinks, because of conditions in the atmosphere, odors do the same. It can happen at your home....if you had a bathroom vent near an out side door, you may walk out your door some day and think your sewer is overflowing. I have experienced this once on the Victory when it was brand new. It's just one of those things that happens in nature.

The smell on fantasy, that is. We cruised Christmas week, and from the first step in our cabin, I smelled it. Then, intermittently through the cruise, the smell reappeared in the hallway outside our room and in the room itself. We were in U23. Not persistent or overly offensive, but it definitely was there. Just a little bummer.

The smell on fantasy, that is. We cruised Christmas week, and from the first step in our cabin, I smelled it. Then, intermittently through the cruise, the smell reappeared in the hallway outside our room and in the room itself. We were in U23. Not persistent or overly offensive, but it definitely was there. Just a little bummer.

I was on the same cruise and never smelled anything like you speak of.

Archived