Carnival Valor forward = engine noise?

aimo

Hi :) I just moved mine and hubby's room from starboard aft to a portside forward room. Did I just make a bad decision? Looking at the deck plans, it seems that there is a big empty space right under us and I'm assuming that's where the engine is. Oy! Please tell me I'm wrong...pretty please:rolleyes: We are booked in room # 6212.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi :) I just moved mine and hubby's room from starboard aft to a portside forward room. Did I just make a bad decision? Looking at the deck plans, it seems that there is a big empty space right under us and I'm assuming that's where the engine is. Oy! Please tell me I'm wrong...pretty please:rolleyes: We are booked in room # 6212.

Thanks in advance :)

you are wrong.

That white area is the back stage area.

There are quite a few decks under you before you get to the engines-- and they are in the back.

Why did you change your cabin-- and where were you before?

(I woulda kept that aft cabin before moving forward- Its a long walk to the food / pools many times each day

Thank you so much for your reply :) 6445 was the other cabin, but it wasn't portside. I really want to be able to see the place we are docked, while I'm relaxing on the balcony.

Also, I think it's a great idea for hubby and I to be so far from the pool/food since we tend to not exercise in the gym on the boat. More cake for me.....woohoo!!!!!

Thanks again for your insight. It was very helpful :)

Thank you so much for your reply :) 6445 was the other cabin, but it wasn't portside. I really want to be able to see the place we are docked, while I'm relaxing on the balcony.

Also, I think it's a great idea for hubby and I to be so far from the pool/food since we tend to not exercise in the gym on the boat. More cake for me.....woohoo!!!!!

Thanks again for your insight. It was very helpful :)

Im sorry to hear that was the reason you took the "other" side of the ship. Did the agent tell you that?

This is far from what happens. Being Portside does not gurantee you a view of the port. Depending on when you arrive and how many ships are in a port--- sometimes a captain pulls in- other times he backs in.

What cruise are you taking? Western or Eastern?

Example-- with St Marten-- youcould be facing the port- you could be facing another ship.

2413740770010486265oRfRZE_th.jpg

when we sailed the Caribbean PRincess we backed in-- so the picture above will be parked in the other direction.

When sailing the caribbean it doesnt make a difference what side you are on

BTW, do you happen to know what is in that area directly across the hall from my room (6212)?

it could be a holding area for towels, sheets for the cabin steward.

Do you know you can go out on the front of the stairs on that deck. Look at the deck plans. all the way forward- next to 6208 see those stairs.

ALL passengers have access to those stairs--on either side of the ship.

its nice when pulling into a port- or leaving.

your cabin sleeps 4 people.

Boy, was I misinformed:rolleyes: I think I read the port suggestion on here somewhere and then I called the agent and she didn't tell me different. Oh well.

We are taking the Western Carribean cruise.

That's pretty cool about the area on the front of the ship. We'll be sure to check out the views from there :)

My cabin sleeps 4? That probably doesn't mean more room, just that the sofa converts, right?

Thanks for your time!

Boy, was I misinformed:rolleyes: I think I read the port suggestion on here somewhere and then I called the agent and she didn't tell me different. Oh well.

We are taking the Western Carribean cruise.

That's pretty cool about the area on the front of the ship. We'll be sure to check out the views from there :)

My cabin sleeps 4? That probably doesn't mean more room, just that the sofa converts, right?

Thanks for your time!

Even on the carnival board people will tell you that the side of the ship doesnt matter when it comes to the Caribbean ports. It makes a difference for say an ALaska cruise.

Western- some ports are tendered so it wont make a difference you can see the port for both of the sides.

Your cabin sleeps 4- the sofa is convertible and there is an upper bed that you wont see.

(there will be two drawers UNDER the sofa-for storage-so check that out. Many people dont know that.)

The reason I mention it-- if you are sailing during a high peak sailing time you could be moved to say an undesirable location for 2 people if the ship is sold out and they need a cabin for 4 people.

I want you to know-- Its not a bad location- Its not a bad ship. I just want you informed is all. Please dont think I am picking on it ok

Well, I am now booked in the original room, which is 6445 :) I'm sure I'll be fine wherever we are :)

We had 6443-on the Liberty which is next door to your cabin. The location is soo perfect.

For us as soon as we got off the elevator we turned to our room because we put a picture of Elmo on the door. Couldnt ask for a better location.

Archived