Never Sailed Cunard-Questions????

mycruz

We are really thinking seriously about sailing the QM2 this year and I'm hoping those of you with QM2 experience can help me out. Here's a couple of quesitons for you:

What is single seating dining in the Princess Grill?

In the Britannia Club category, what are the best decks and why? I prefer the balcony's with the glass and not the protected balcony, but it seems they protected balcony category has more square feet, is that true?

What is your favorite place or area of the QM2? is the food as good as the menu looks?

Thanks!

We are really thinking seriously about sailing the QM2 this year and I'm hoping those of you with QM2 experience can help me out. Here's a couple of quesitons for you:

What is single seating dining in the Princess Grill?

For dinner you can enter anytime between when the doors open ( I believe is 6:30pm) and when they close (which I believe is 9:30pm).

What is your favorite place or area of the QM2?

Queens Room on formal nights.

is the food as good as the menu looks?

In the Queens Grill I believe it is.

Thanks!

See my answers in red, above.

The club dining cabins are only on deck 12. If you like to be high up on the ship they are wonderful, but remember should you fall foul of inclement weather, there would be more motion!

You did not say if you were thinking of cruising or taking an Atlantic crossing. If it is the latter, do not discount the in-hull balcony cabins. It is a matter of choice, but we have made quite a few crossings and always take this type of cabin. For a cruise, definitely go for the best cabin you can afford with a glass balcony.

QM2 is a glorious ship to travel on! Do give it a try and enjoy the graciousness of travel with a degree of formality.

Dining in Princess Grill is from 6.30pm until 9pm. Princess Grill cabins are situated on Deck 10 which we found a perfect location, good size with a spacious balcony.

The food is excellent.

Favourite spots really depend on your personal taste. Our favourite spots were the Queens Grill Lounge and Private Deck, for peace and quiet.

If you are looking for something more lively then the Golden Lion Pub is a good place for quizzes and live bands.

The Queens Room is lovely for dancing after dinner and G32 is great if you want to let your hair down and boogie.

My answers are based on a recent TA Crossing, cruising of course may be different.

I am sure if you decide to book you will not be disappointed!

Jackie :)

Mary--I would encourage you to read the following two threads:

The first describes Penny's experiences on a Caribbean cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=471053

The second relates Pepperrn's Transatlantic crossing ("TA") escapade: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=514324

Both are "must" reading...

This is great information, I really appreciate it. I read Penny's Affair to Remember prior to posting, but not Peppers, thanks for the link.

We are considering the 8 day Westbound from Hamburg to NYC or the 6 day Southampton to NYC. Both dates are in the summer so I'm not sure if the in hull balcony would be a plus. We sailed TA last summer and used our balcony a lot, even though we sailed the Northern Atlantic. It appears that the cabins with the in hull balcony are larger than the others.

Bon voyage, mycruz! We much enjoyed our back-to-back TAs two years ago on the QM2 and the light from the PG balcony was great, and even though it was May/June we didn't sit out there all that much. Here are our mementos of the trip.

Archived