Bayonne, NJ parking tricks?

Me&R

Hi all! I am a complete cruise novice. My daughter and I are going on our first cruise on RC out of Bayonne, NJ this month. I'm still sifting through a lot of threads but I had a quesiton about parking.

Given my location, driving to the port and parking is the most viable option. Are there any tips / coupons / vouchers I should know to try and save some $$$ on parking? It doesn't look like there's an option other than the port.

Thanks all!

X

We had a great experience with the parking. As was stated, it is one set fee. The car was close to the terminal and just as we had left it before the cruise. One tip is to stay to the left as you pass baggage drop off. You will get parked a bit quicker. We got there at 11:15 and were checked in and eating cookies by 11:45. We were able to board one of the first busses and were in the Windjammer by 12:20.

Eric

Where do you go for just drop off? My Mom is dropping DH and I off, will we have to lug our bags a distance? Will she have a problem getting in and out or is the drop off area separate from the parking areas?

Very easy just pull up to the drop off area...you, hubby and luggage will get out and give your bags to the porter. Your mom will continue on right to the exit.

Personally, I think you would be better off dropping off one person and the bags. The porters will be right there and you can tip them a couple of dollars and be done with it. They really want to move people in and out quickly.

Where you will be able to park will depend on how early you get there and what spaces are available. My mother (who will be ninety in 2 weeks) has a handicapped placard, so we were able to park very close which was important for us. However, most of the close parking seemed to be handicapped and the regular parking is just a bit further away. However, it's probably no worse than being in the outer parking area of a mall at Christmas.

Thanks for the info... and the positive spin. I'm getting "cold feet" with all the additional costs I'm incurring, so the positivity is appreciated.

Thanks again,

X

I'm sure most of those on these boards feel your pain about the "additional costs". It all sounds so reasonable when you click the "sign-me-up" button, but then reality sets in.

BUT, in reality, cruising is a blast and once you pony up for the extras, months later you look back and remember the fun time you had. And since you're driving, you've saved a bundle right there in air fares.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!!!

...once you pony up for the extras, months later you look back and remember the fun time you had.

This is very, very true. The imput is sincerely appreciated.

Does anyone know if the parking charges tax (14%) on top of the $16? I've found a park n' sail at the Newark Best Western that's almost the same as paying just for parking. With the weather forecast calling for icy rain, it may be worth it. If there's tax, it's definately worth the hotel stay.

Thanks!

-X

Archived