Need some FLL & hotel advice please

KAWS

I'm travelling with my son's fiance and her best friend and we'll need two nights in a hotel precruise. Both the girls are 21 years old, not big partiers but still young and won't want to just sit at a hotel.

I don't want to rent a car if I don't have to, and was thinking of getting something near the water taxi so we could still "go" places but not sure if this is the best bet or not.

I know that the hotels right down on the beach are a tad pricier than some of the other FLL hotels. I would like a fairly nice hotel that's clean and where the girls will feel safe. Restaurants and shopping nearby would be perfect.

Is there somewhere that anyone could suggest? Breakfast in the morning isn't really important unless it was a full buffet (girls like their eggs). If no breakie, we can go out. I just know I'm the guy that's going to have to pick up the tab for everything pre-cruise so don't want to break the bank before even getting on the ship. Any suggestions?

Well I figured out my own dilemma and managed to score the Renaissance in FLL for a great price on Priceline. From the pictures and reviews, I think we'll be very happy there.

When you went to Priceline what rating is this hotel? 4-star? and what's the area? (downtown, port everglades, etc) and if you don't mind saying...what price did you get? I need a one-night stay in FLL pre-cruise for Feb. Renaissance looks nice. Do they have shuttle from airport and/or to the cruise do you know? and breakfast? thanks for any info!

Gail

Archived