Has RCCL ever changed your room?

I am hoping to get some answers to this one. We have a group traveling in March on the Mariner, we have all made final payments, and my sister just found out that her room was changed. She is still in the same balcony category, but she is on the opposite side of the ship. We made these reservations 18 months ago, so she was able to pick her specific cabin so she could be around the rest of all of us. Just wondering if this has happened to you or anyone you know. She contacted our TA and RCCL and she wasnt able to get her original room back. Thanks!:)

There is a link to this situation that someone else on this board posted and was complaining of the very same problem, and apparently got some compensation from RCl, for switching the cabins, call Rci and complain maybe she will get something too. Oh and yes it happened to us on SOS a few yrs back we got downgraded to an e2 from a D1 but we got some money in the form of obc....but it didn't quite make up for spreading our group all over the ship:mad:

It happened to us, and we didn't find out until we were already on the ship and our key didn't work in the door of the cabin we had booked. When I went to customer service, they told me I was trying to enter the "wrong room" and they gave me a different cabin number. What they neglected to mention was that we had been upgraded from a D1 to a GS, which we eventually discovered when we opened the door to the new cabin. Of course, we were happy with this surprise room change.

You can have a notation put onto your reservation stating "No changes or upgrades" if you do not wish to have your cabin changed from what you originally booked. Although it doesn't happen often, the cruiselines (no just RCI) do not always call you or your TA before making changes - lateral ones as well as upgrades.

Thanks for the messages, the GS upgrade would be nice, but it was just a lateral move!! It might not seem like a big deal, but when you book so far in advance and you pick out the room you want to be around your group it it definetely a little upsetting. Thanks again!:)

On our Brilliance cruise in 2005 we were changed from a hump E1 to a hump D1 without any notice. I didn't find out about it until our docs came. I called our TA and he didn't catch it either when he forwarded the docs to us. Apparently RC didn't contact him about the change. We were still on the hump so it wasn't a big deal to us. Since then, we've decided that we prefer aft cabins and request no upgrades or changes be added to our reservation so we don't end up in a different cabin.

Archived