Should I be real worried ???

Ykgorbie

I also posted this on the other thread concerning this subject.

Does anybody know where we can find the reason for the itinerary change in print. I could not find it on the Carnival website. If we can find out the reason clearly stated, this may or not be a heads up for later sailings. If you have to call Carnival to find out, who or what number would you call, besides a reservations representative?

1. Calm down

2. Carnival will not send a ship out on the seas if it is unworthy or incapable of sailing safely.

3. If YOUR itinerary will be affected, they'll notify you. You will then have the opportunity to cancel with refund if you wish.

4. "Propulsion" problems could be anything...but it mostly affects the speed at which the ship can cruise along. Hence, the itinerary change..it's a time issue-certainly not a safety issue.

What ports did they change on your 1/8 cruise..? We are on the 1/24th sailing and we have no changes and that may be because we tie up to a pier at all our stops.. If any of your ports, such as Grand Cayman, required dropping anchor, that might be why they changed it.. If the problem is with the azipod(?) system than they might not want to risk sitting at anchor and if the system gives them trouble they may than have to weigh anchor, and sail around of the port until they could pick everyone up..They use that system to stay fairly stable whlie at anchor for 7 to 9 hours. I don't really know what the problem is,, just tryin to be helpful

What ports did they change on your 1/8 cruise..? We are on the 1/24th sailing and we have no changes and that may be because we tie up to a pier at all our stops.. If any of your ports, such as Grand Cayman, required dropping anchor, that might be why they changed it.. If the problem is with the azipod(?) system than they might not want to risk sitting at anchor and if the system gives them trouble they may than have to weigh anchor, and sail around of the port until they could pick everyone up..They use that system to stay fairly stable whlie at anchor for 7 to 9 hours. I don't really know what the problem is,, just tryin to be helpful

No...we're not changed as of yet...I'd say it's more like if CCL is having propulsion problems again, should we be a little concerned, as most of us have non-transferable plane tickets, prepaid hotels, pre-booked our vacation at work, car rentals.....and no other CCL cruise to replace it with last minute.

...we had to cancel last January and rebook for this January due to my work obligations. I really need to get away...and adding the stress of not knowing until last minute, just compounds the issue.

As for the propulsion system and anchoring as opposed to docking...both Panama and Costa Rica dock at the port...and unless they've changed their facility in Belize since January 2007, we laid anchor and tendered to the port. My guess is CCL was concerned with the distance and speed they would need to travel to make the trip. When we did the western route in 2007, we had to turn back to Costa Rica to drop off an ill passenger, and they had to increase our speed to ensure we didn 't miss out on Belize.

Here's hoping it's only CCL being cautious in ensuring the Miracle is still safe to travel on until its drydock in February.

...any port is better than no port at all...says she with a foot of snow on her front lawn...happy sailing.

Suzi

to err on teh side of caution, I would look for an alternative cruise, and flights; run the figures in case you have to change to another cruise, flights etc; we were supposed to sail on Carnival Miracle Feb 25, 2008, but that cruise was cancelled about 3 weeks ago and we had to pick another cruise quickly. If and this is just a big "If" your particular cruise is cancelled, at least you know what the changes would cost you so you could negotiate with Carnival if you rebook with them

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread but I just wanted to say Hi Pat!! :D It's been a long time. How ya doin'. So you're cruising again. As you can see from my sig we are sailing on a CC group cruise in Feb. 2010. It's still a long way off.:( It's really cold up here in Chicagoland. Do you miss it?

to err on teh side of caution, I would look for an alternative cruise, and flights; run the figures in case you have to change to another cruise, flights etc; we were supposed to sail on Carnival Miracle Feb 25, 2008, but that cruise was cancelled about 3 weeks ago and we had to pick another cruise quickly. If and this is just a big "If" your particular cruise is cancelled, at least you know what the changes would cost you so you could negotiate with Carnival if you rebook with them

We're at the mercy of CCL...we can only go the first few weeks in January, as my vacation was approved last spring and hubby is self-employed, and booked solid after we return... also too late to change plane tickets - not booked through CCL (no negotiation available)...no other CCL cruises that fit in with our flying dates, the hotels were prepaid last summer....and I've even cut the tags from my new clothes...so it's time for the Miracle to live up to her name...

..and if need be, I'll row her out to sea and drop anchor for eight nights ;)

Archived