Restaurants on the Dream?

trishaedge

My husband and I will be sailing on the Dream on 12/12...our first cruise! We were wondering about the specialty restaurant and whether it was worth the extra money??? How much better is the food, service, etc? Typical menu? Is there anywhere I can go on CC or elsewhere on the internet to view the Dream menus?

I just returned from the Dream and while I didn't eat in Le Bistro, I heard both good and bad from people who did. Apparently, there are a few more exotic foods offered, such as escargots (snails) and other items. I heard some folks say it was worth it and, but others said it was very bad. One woman said her food was almost inedible. I found at all the other restaurants on the Dream, that the food was not very good. For some reason, either the quality of the food they are buying or the methods of cooking, it just was not great. There is a good variety of food between the restaurants and buffets and I found the service to be excellent at all restaurants. It just depends if you want something different than what is being offered at any of the other restaurants.

The Le Bistro I felt had excellent food, the prime rib was cooked perfectly to my taste. The service was superior and the ambience is great. As far as the other restaurants, the Trattoria on Deck 11 serves Italian. The Four Seasons and the Terraces have the same menu each night. On Captain's Farewell dinner which is on Friday night, all restaurants served the same except the Le Bistro. But I do not believe any particular one is reserved for formal night.

My husband and I will be sailing on the Dream on 12/12...our first cruise! We were wondering about the specialty restaurant and whether it was worth the extra money??? How much better is the food, service, etc? Typical menu? Is there anywhere I can go on CC or elsewhere on the internet to view the Dream menus?

We are also going on that cruise out of New Orleans on Dec 12th! Cant wait! We sailed on the SKY in March this year, and paid the extra $10 then(did it go up??????) for the better restaurants...IT WAS WORTH IT. They had a sushi/japanese rest I became addicted to and we loved it! THe food in the free restarants were good too, just not as "exotic". Looking forward to trying the Italian one!

We eat at the Le Bistro at least 3 times a week...usually M-W-F....just for the peace and quite in the Restaurant...the food is above average over the regular restaurants...but more importantly is the service and the atmosphere...so much more relaxing than the regular restaurants....more personalized service....we feel like herded cattle in the regular restaraunts....too large and too noisy.... On our upcoming 2 week cruise on the Dream, we will visit the LeBistro 6 times...

JoeandSheryl - Look at the postings for the different posts. It will give you ideas of what other people have done. They are listed under the 'ports of call' threads. You can also look on the NCL website and it will show the excersion options along with pricing.

We ate in the "Bistro" and found it to be excellent. If you get the steak and lobster for $20.00 they waive the $15.00 fee. I had the prime rib and it was done to a "T" Staying in Newe Orleans I would recommend the D-Day museum. That could be amatter of taste but we all found it very moving. There are recorded interviews with actual survivors of D-day both the Americans, Frence, Brits and Germans. Breakfast is a must at Cafe De'Mund (sp) and a visit to the market.

Archived