LAX to Long Beach Pier

CRUZN-IS-FUN

My daughter is getting married and is booked on cruise to Mexico on Sept. 20, 2009. They are approx. 45 min from airport. Their flight options are to leave at 7:00 a.m. and arrive in LAX at 11:30 or leave at 10:45 and arrive at LAX at 1:30. The ship doesn't leave until 5:30. Will this later flight give them enough time to make the 1-hour cut off by 4:30? With the wedding being Sat. night, they do not want to try leave for the airport at 5:00 am. and begin their honeymoon so exhausted. I know the recommended time of arrival to LA is noon. Would 1:30 make that much difference?

Personally, I would take the earlier flight only because you could have a delayed/canceled flight. It only took us about 25 minutes to get to the pier from LAX and since it's a Sunday, traffic probably won't be bad. But, being LA, you never really know.

Are they leaving from an airport with frequent LA service? I would probably factor that in to when they book...it might be easier to get another flight if there was a problem.

My daughter is getting married and is booked on cruise to Mexico on Sept. 20, 2009. They are approx. 45 min from airport. Their flight options are to leave at 7:00 a.m. and arrive in LAX at 11:30 or leave at 10:45 and arrive at LAX at 1:30. The ship doesn't leave until 5:30. Will this later flight give them enough time to make the 1-hour cut off by 4:30? With the wedding being Sat. night, they do not want to try leave for the airport at 5:00 am. and begin their honeymoon so exhausted. I know the recommended time of arrival to LA is noon. Would 1:30 make that much difference?

i would recommend getting into LAX as early as possible. If you will be using a van service like supershuttle or prime time shuttle you might have to wait up to 45 minutes to get your shuttle, also LAX baggage claim is not the best i have waited up to 1.5 hours for my bags to drop.

Agree, agree.. the earlier flight. Never know what can happen with delays and such. Even if the ship doesn't sail away until 5:30, they can get on much earlier than that and begin the fun! They can sleep later. Congrats to them!

Thank you both. One more quick question, we have now found a different flight that will take them into Ontario airport at 1:00. In looking at the map, would this be an OK option? It appears to be a bit further, but into a smaller airport 1/2 earlier. If they just grabbed a cab rather than waiting on a shuttle, it may help the time, what do you think? Would cab fare be outrageous?

Thank you both. One more quick question, we have now found a different flight that will take them into Ontario airport at 1:00. In looking at the map, would this be an OK option? It appears to be a bit further, but into a smaller airport 1/2 earlier. If they just grabbed a cab rather than waiting on a shuttle, it may help the time, what do you think? Would cab fare be outrageous?

Depends on what is outrageous. I would say it will be will over $100. Fifteen years ago I paid $75 to Jhon Wayne airport and the port is 40 more miles.

I would say $200 cab fare and about 1 to 1.5 hour trip with no traffic. Ontario is a lot further than LAX.

Personally, I would take the earlier flight only because you could have a delayed/canceled flight. It only took us about 25 minutes to get to the pier from LAX and since it's a Sunday, traffic probably won't be bad. But, being LA, you never really know.

Are they leaving from an airport with frequent LA service? I would probably factor that in to when they book...it might be easier to get another flight if there was a problem.

exactly, its LA, one traffic accident and you can wait for 3 hours in traffic.

I love ONT! I have never seen the taxis waiting at ONT, I believe that they need to be called. It is an hour (60 miles) away from Long Beach. No idea how much the fare would be.

Look at Long Beach Airport.

Wherever they fly into, just for ease of mind, arrange for them to leave as earlier as possible. They can sleep on the plane.

Our situation is slightly different but we're also trying to figure things out. We fly into LAX a few days before our Mar. 22 cruise on the Pride.

We're renting a car to drive to SD for a couple of days, back to Long Beach on Sat to spend the night. So, we have to return our rental car to LAX on Sunday morning, and then get to the pier.

This Primetime shuttle or Supershuttle----are these right there at LAX or do you have to pre-arrange to use them? How much, anyone know? Time won't be a factor--we can leave the hotel and bring the rental car back as early as we need to. Ship leaves at 4pm.

Our situation is slightly different but we're also trying to figure things out. We fly into LAX a few days before our Mar. 22 cruise on the Pride.

We're renting a car to drive to SD for a couple of days, back to Long Beach on Sat to spend the night. So, we have to return our rental car to LAX on Sunday morning, and then get to the pier.

This Primetime shuttle or Supershuttle----are these right there at LAX or do you have to pre-arrange to use them? How much, anyone know? Time won't be a factor--we can leave the hotel and bring the rental car back as early as we need to. Ship leaves at 4pm.

You should check with your car rental company as they may let you return it to Long Beach and save yourself the hassle of going back to LAX:)

Archived