We survived El Norte!

betsyrossapk

We arrived in Cozumel on Saturday, Nov 6. All the locals we met complained how freezing they were! It was an absolutely gorgeous day, the skies looked beautiful. Yes our plans for a snorkeling trip were twarted. Over a dozen excursions onboard our ship were cancelled due to weather. We rented a car & visited a number of sites as we leisurely drove around the island. We did not let the windy weather bother our good time. We just figured, we'll have to come down again another time to do the snorkeling thing. BTW, when you refer to el norte, how long does that last? Does it just come & go throughout the winter months?

El Norte is similar to a cold front coming through the states....so far we have had 5 days worth but it varies. I actually enjoy it... I wouldn't go as far as say it was freezing, but it actually dips below 80 and with the wind, you could actually wear pants instead of shorts and not sweat to death.

If you get here and we are experiencing a Norte I would rent a car and go to the other side of the island where we normally have huge waves, it's just the opposite during a Norte and the seas are calm... something different! Good time to go spearfishing for lobster!! Yummy!!

The East side looked like a duck pond today...as flat as could be. And there wasn't a cloud in the sky! Had on a fleece sweatshirt until about 10 but then it warmed up enough to take in some sun on the beach. The sweatshirt is back on now...I'm a tropical wimp.

Archived