Navigator--anyone w/ recent experience with youth program??

This past January we went NOS to Western Caribbean. In the past our son who was 11 at the time has always stayed with us. (Dad and Mom) To be honest it was my call as I was leary to let him go and I was being a little over pertective. This time my husband and he went to meet the Adventure Ocean Team and they made a great impression on them. From that moment on my son was gone. Honestly it became a problem when I wanted him with us for dinner. He loved it!!! We are going on a cruise this April and he has already been chomping at the bit for me to let him go again. I have agreed, this was the best expierience for him. To this day he has e-mail penpals from that cruise. The kids had a blast and the Staff were incredible. There was some guy he stills speaks of by the name Magic Matt. They had times with events pre-scheduled so that our son could plan what he wanted to participate in. Examples are guitar Hero contest, crafts and Caribbean Snow. They sometimes had evening dinners together, he actually only ate dinner with us in the MDR once. I hope this helps and I know it is hard for some of us to let them go but he just had a blast and I don't believe he would have enjoyed it near as much if I hadn't atleast given it a try. You also have to option of allowing them to sign themselves in and out or only with the parent, can they leave the program. On the first night of the cruise in your compass there should be a scheduled time for you to meet in Adventure Ocean to be informed of all the details. Good luck and have a great time,

Smiles,

Patty

Archived