Cabin 8062

JJPacer

Pacific Princess, Ocean Princess and Tahitian Princess. We just returned from Tahitian Princess. Cabin 8062 is directly under the Panarama Buffet. There is noise from the Buffet, beginning at 5:30 AM until it closes at 9 PM. You hear chair movement, bumping, door slamming, and foot traffic. I'm sure some of it comes from the kitchen, as well as the seating area for diners. Any of the staterooms on deck 8 under the Panarama Buffet would hear the same noise. In the future, I would avoid any of the room under the Panorama Buffet. This is the first time our cabin was aft. We didn't notice any more movement than our usual choice of stateroom midship. I would choose another aft cabin, but I would be more careful about what was above our cabin. I thought I would share this information with future cruisers who are trying to decide cabin location.

I usually book a cabin on a deck that has cabins immediately above and immediately below.

That way I've managed to avoid many noise issues.

Unfortunately, on the Pacific and Tahitian Princesses if you want a minisuite they are all on deck 8, with public space (mostly the pool and buffet area) above. I have 8048 booked on the Pacific Princess for an upcoming cruise and am hoping it may be a little quieter than other AB minisuites since it is located underneath a corner of the buffet, perhaps there will be less traffic in the corner area.

We've spent 84 days on the Pacific in cabins 8004, 8010 and 8024. Perfectly quiet cabins since they are basically below the internet cafe and card room. We've got 24 days booked in March/April, but this time we'll be in 7024, as difference between mini and balcony is astronomical.

Archived