New Orleans hotels YIKES!

gybuynew

We are cruising on the conquest in april and cant find any deals for a motel. Any suggestions

Thanks

Chris

Keep looking. What do you consider "a deal"?

Call the Hilton Riverside and ask for the Cruise Rate. It is $99 and you can use that rate for the night before and the night after you cruise... regular rates apply for all other nights... great hotel and close to the port. I believe you pay $22 the first night and you can park the rest of the week for free... you have to ask for that rate though... if they have availability, it's the best deal going.

You might want to also look into staying at the Prytania Park Hotel. (They have a website.) We will be staying there in a few weeks pre-cruise. Room is $99/night and parking is $12.95 for the week while we are cruising. Hotel is located a mere mile from the pier in the historic Garden District. I wish you success in finding the right deal for you & yours! :D

Happy sailing,

T.

We got the Embassy Suites for $89 a night. We signed up for their Hilton HHonors card, and then you get to have a spouse in your room free. Otherwise you pay for double occupants. You get a made to order breakfast and a cocktail reception every night. It is right by the cruise terminal on Julia St. We made reservations about 10 months in advance too. I found all this out online on their website and reserved through that. The rates for our date in January has went way up. We are staying on a Friday and Saturday night too. Weekends generally tend to be higher at hotels.

Are you driving in?

Once as we were coming down to the port, we got caught up in really bad rain in the dark. We had to exit the freeway, so we stayed in that town.

It was before you get to NO in a small town called Hammond. It was an easy town to get around in so we stayed there on the next cruise.

The 1st exit heading south (under the freeway) there was at least 2 motels.

One was maybe a super-8, not recomended because the beds were real hard. The other was I think a confort suites.

The second exit has a holiday Inn, which we stayed in the 1st time and was more confortable. I seem to remember that neither of them was over 82.00 including taxes.

If you stay at one of the two at the first exit, you can walk to Crackle barrel and waffle house AND walk to the gas station for lotto tickets. That was nice having everything right there together.

Then we were about 1 1/2-2 hours from the port. 4 if you get lost.

Archived