HUGE problem...

berls088

Would the two of you please stop hijacking this thread and take your definition argument elsewhere? Start your own thread, drop it, whatever, but Kelly has started name calling ('obnoxious') and such behavior will probably get this thread locked if not pulled entirely. And there is VALUABLE information regarding the name and birth certificate issues that other people will profit from--but not if you two continue trying to change the other's mind. Thank you.

I have no desire to change anyone's mind I only want the entire picture to be given. I called the BEHAVIOR obnoxious and it was. It was rude and uncalled for. I don't know that person from adam and am not prepared to make judgments on their character but their behavoiur was over the top. A bunch of smilies doesn't make it less rude.

YES we definitely need to.. im an emotional mess and its not even me who found out all this stuff about my adoption! my eyes are raw from crying...im very sensitive!

trock i know it sounds ridiculous... but when you go through this someday u will be like "damn that berls girls from cruisecritics bf wasnt the only one"!

jk i dont wish this on anybody lol

I passed your problem by a family law associate and he told me that even if you get a lawyer,the time frame is 90 days+ before you will get any official paperwork. Since your xerox is a fake,adoption is not real,ect there will probably be a need for public publication,a search for docs relating to his real parents ect.

I hate to say this, but you might want to cancel the cruise and just loose your deposit.:(

I passed your problem by a family law associate and he told me that even if you get a lawyer,the time frame is 90 days+ before you will get any official paperwork. Since your xerox is a fake,adoption is not real,ect there will probably be a need for public publication,a search for docs relating to his real parents ect.

I hate to say this, but you might want to cancel the cruise and just loose your deposit.:(

I have mentioned a couple of times that maybe if she were to contact her Congressman/Senator they may be able to push things along. Or, is this not one of those "emergencies" we hear about them taking care of? Does it have to be do or die for them to get involved in something?

I have mentioned a couple of times that maybe if she were to contact her Congressman/Senator they may be able to push things along. Or, is this not one of those "emergencies" we hear about them taking care of? Does it have to be do or die for them to get involved in something?

Well, they might be helpful on a federal level, but this is a state issue. They might be able to put you in touch with a state legislature rep or a contact in the governor's office.

Well, they might be helpful on a federal level, but this is a state issue. They might be able to put you in touch with a state legislature rep or a contact in the governor's office.

But if you do not have a BC you can not get a Passport so if you look at this as someone that just has to go on a cruise it could be looked at as Federal. Hey, whatever it takes to get this couple on this ship in six weeks and counting.

It's not bad advice. But from my experience (as a state employee) Congressmen mostly are willing to get involved in cases where a person in their jurisdiction is having an issue with the government itself. For example, when the government has made a mistake. Other times in in cases or extreme hardship. But even then it has to be something they have sway over... so again it gets back to issues with the government. In this case the OP hasn't even applied for anything, and no has made any mistakes to correct.

It is usually not to avoid someone having to cancel their cruise vacation.

But if you do not have a BC you can not get a Passport so if you look at this as someone that just has to go on a cruise it could be looked at as Federal. Hey, whatever it takes to get this couple on this ship in six weeks and counting.

And the first thing the Congressperson's staff is going to say is that I can't help you without a valid birth cert. And then put you in touch with someone at vital records.

From what the OP has said, they're meeting with a vital records clerk. Hopefully they're well on their way to getting this resolved in a state where they can issue the birth cert on hand.

ok so it gets worse. yes WORSE!!

his adoptive mom just told him that he never was legally adopted so the last name he has now isnt his real one. he has to find his adoptive mother (if shes alive) and go with her to the adoption place or wherever and sign him over. his real father died before they got the chance.

now what??????????????

This is the post that throws me off from understanding any of this...

His adoptive mother told him he was NEVER LEGALLY adopted.. So he has to find his adoptive mother or biological mother?? Was he stolen as a baby??

I dont understand... Or was he adopted by one woman who lived with another woman and the woman on the adoption pages took off?

I am completely serrious and trying to understand....

:)

And the first thing the Congressperson's staff is going to say is that I can't help you without a valid birth cert. And then put you in touch with someone at vital records.

From what the OP has said, they're meeting with a vital records clerk. Hopefully they're well on their way to getting this resolved in a state where they can issue the birth cert on hand.

I do hope that they can go on their cruise and everything is finalized and he actually gets his BC and every other thing that is in this mess is cleared up. Like they say "you can not make some of this stuff up". It really is like a soap opera.

There is a mistake on my BC. It says my "sperm donor" was born in Chicago when it actually he was born in Russia. When I was filling out my Passport registration I did put Chicago as if I had put Russia, it would have taken me forever if not right declined for one reason or other. I wonder just how many BC are right and therefor how many Passports are wrong?

There is a mistake on my BC. It says my "sperm donor" was born in Chicago when it actually he was born in Russia. When I was filling out my Passport registration I did put Chicago as if I had put Russia, it would have taken me forever if not right declined for one reason or other. I wonder just how many BC are right and therefor how many Passports are wrong?

So I have to ask ... was he naturalized in Chicago? Because depending on the circumstances of his arrival in the US, he might not have had a birth certificate on him.

So I have to ask ... was he naturalized in Chicago? Because depending on the circumstances of his arrival in the US, he might not have had a birth certificate on him.

I am guessing yes as his Father was born in Chicago and his Mother was born in Russia and then she had him in Russia. I have tried to put the pieces together and I think my grandfather met her when he was in WW1 and stationed in Russia. Then the three of them came to the US and lived in Chicago. It is rather muddy LOL, as my Mom never liked to talk about him.

Would the two of you please stop hijacking this thread and take your definition argument elsewhere? Start your own thread, drop it, whatever, but Kelly has started name calling ('obnoxious') and such behavior will probably get this thread locked if not pulled entirely. And there is VALUABLE information regarding the name and birth certificate issues that other people will profit from--but not if you two continue trying to change the other's mind. Thank you.

You are right 100% and I am done with that discussion. I sincerly apologize to the OP for my part. We here NEED ;) to hear the ending to this story. Best of luck to the op, again i'm sorry to the op.

GL

I am guessing yes as his Father was born in Chicago and his Mother was born in Russia and then she had him in Russia. I have tried to put the pieces together and I think my grandfather met her when he was in WW1 and stationed in Russia. Then the three of them came to the US and lived in Chicago. It is rather muddy LOL, as my Mom never liked to talk about him.

Yeah, the path of least resistance was definitely the right call on that one!

Not being able to board a cruise ship is an emergency?:D

I guess it is.

I would try 911 first.:p

Steve

His mother called the priest at the catholic diocese where he was adopted from and he says he will "take care of it". i dont like having to rely on other people at ALLLL but hes the one who took care of the adoption 25 years ago. im going christmas shopping with his mom later tonight, and im gonna nag her... im NOT a naggy person but yes this is a "911 emergency" like someone above said

His mother called the priest at the catholic diocese where he was adopted from and he says he will "take care of it". i dont like having to rely on other people at ALLLL but hes the one who took care of the adoption 25 years ago. im going christmas shopping with his mom later tonight' date=' and im gonna nag her... im NOT a naggy person but yes this is a "911 emergency" like someone above said[/quote']

I thought there was no adoption?

I do hope this gets all worked out for all of you.

I thought there was no adoption?

I do hope this gets all worked out for all of you.

i myself dont understand it 100%... his biological mom was mad she wasnt getting enough moeny so she wouldnt sign any papers... but didnt want her baby either. i know there is stuff his adoptive mom still isnt telling me and him, hopefully i will get it out of her tonight!

Wow, I bet you never thought it would turn into this, huh? Hopefully the Diocese has some sort of official record and can liase with the vital records to get this sorted out. It occurred to me that it's possible the Church actually had legal custody of him and thus has his paperwork somewhere.

Don't worry about the adoption thing for now... get the certified copy of his birth certificate, pay the fifty dollar name change fee through Carnival and enjoy your cruise. When he gets home, have him legally change his name to his 'adoptive' parents or as an adult, he can give his own permission for the adoption to be done... no permission required from the birth parents (voice of experience). After that's been completed, get a passport!

Don't worry about the adoption thing for now... get the certified copy of his birth certificate, pay the fifty dollar name change fee through Carnival and enjoy your cruise. When he gets home, have him legally change his name to his 'adoptive' parents or as an adult, he can give his own permission for the adoption to be done... no permission required from the birth parents (voice of experience). After that's been completed, get a passport!

A name change fee? I've never had to pay that, and Carnival tends to screw my name up a good six or seven times per cruise. Nothing like getting on the cruise and finding out your middle name is now your last name and your last your first.

The problem with changing the name to the BC name is that he only has ID in his (apparently) non-legal name. He still could not get onboard with that.

There is another thread under another cruiseline where someone who checks in pax at the pier said they only compare birthdates (from BC and DL) and don't worry so much about the name, BUT from what OP said, the birthdates may not match up in this case.

Until BF gets a certified copy of his birth certificate and/or any legal adoption records, he (and we) won't know what his situation really is.

Archived