QE2 Virtual Webcam

Neilius

Rather than remove the QE2 webcam from the webcam site at http://ShipWatcher.com I've converted it into a virtual webcam.

It displays images from a growing archive of webcam photos of QE2, in chronological order, along with an approximate location, and google map.

I just thought I'd let you good people know, in case you thought you were seeing ghosts when you saw the QE2 webcam.

I'm very indebted to Isabelle P and Rob L for letting me upload their vast collection of QE2 webcam photos. It's a slow and arduous process, but I'm getting there.

If anyone else has any QE2 webcam photos, please let me know. I had a few thousand of them on Flickr, but some genius at Yahoo admin decided to delete them without warning.

I'll be de-compiling a few thousand images from AVI movies I have, and uploading those en-masse too. So eventually there should be quite a few photos.

I'm still ironing out a few minor bugs with it, but I think I'm almost there!

Regards

Neil

Neil,

I'm so glad you did it this way. I always check out your site, with my saved settings for the 3 Cunard ships, and I've just been sadly checking in every couple days, to see when you were going to finally take the QE2 down.

So it was very nice to see a 'new' image of her, instead of what I thought was the inevitable. It kinda reminds of how the comics in the Sunday paper have "classic" Charlie Browns (Peanuts), instead of losing him altogether, after the retirement and then passing of Charles Schulz.

A fitting tribute to a beautiful ship, Neil!

It kinda reminds of how the comics in the Sunday paper have "classic" Charlie Browns (Peanuts), instead of losing him altogether, after the retirement and then passing of Charles Schulz.

A fitting tribute to a beautiful ship, Neil!

"Classic QE2". It couldn't be any other way :)

Hi.

Thanks for uploading those webcam shots.

I have quite a collection of webcam shots from this year. I am currently out of the country but I'll be more than glad to upload my collection when I get back.

Also, I am missing some days from my webcam shots collection, is there anyway I can optain those missing days?

Hi.

Thanks for uploading those webcam shots.

I have quite a collection of webcam shots from this year. I am currently out of the country but I'll be more than glad to upload my collection when I get back.

Also, I am missing some days from my webcam shots collection, is there anyway I can optain those missing days?

Avariel

Please mail me at mail [at} shipwatcher {d0t] c0m (sorry for the cryptics but it reduces spam) when you get back and I'll show you how to upload your photos, or I'll do it for you if that's easier.

Also, let me know what days you're looking for, and I'll do what I can to help you get pictures from those days.

Neil

Neilius:

I am now back in the country and on my laptop.

Am now uploading my webcam shots onto my photobucket account. I have on average about one shot per day. Not too sure if that is useful to you.

Will post the URLs to the webcam shots soon.

Neilius:

I am now back in the country and on my laptop.

Am now uploading my webcam shots onto my photobucket account. I have on average about one shot per day. Not too sure if that is useful to you.

Will post the URLs to the webcam shots soon.

That's great thanks.

Archived