Magic Eastern-St. Croix Dining Schedule

Opie

We are on a Magic 7-day cruise in Feb 09 that hits St. Croix. Do I have the [bracketed] information below right? I want to make sure I have the formal, semi-formal, and pirate nights correctly listed.

Sat. (Sea)

Sun. (Sea) [Formal]

Mon. (Sea)

Tue. (St. Croix) [Pirate]

Wed. (St. Johns)

Thu. (Sea) - [semi-Formal]

Fri. (Castaway)

Also, does anyone have the room rotation? Thank you!

I just heard back from Disney - looks like Pirate night is Wed. night on Eastern Caribbean cruises. So the following is more accurate:

Sat. (Sea) (Casual)

Sun. (Sea) [FORMAL]

Mon. (Sea) (Casual)

Tue. (St. Croix) (Casual)

Wed. (St. Johns) [PIRATE]

Thu. (Sea) [sEMI-FORMAL]

Fri. (Castaway) (Casual)

• 3 weeks later...
We are on a Magic 7-day cruise in Feb 09 that hits St. Croix. Do I have the [bracketed] information below right? I want to make sure I have the formal, semi-formal, and pirate nights correctly listed.

Sat. (Sea)

Sun. (Sea) [Formal]

Mon. (Sea)

Wed. (St. Johns)

Thu. (Sea) - [semi-Formal]

Fri. (Castaway)

Also, does anyone have the room rotation? Thank you!

Room Rotation? It depends. One third of the ship is assigned to one rotation, One third is assigned to another rotation and the remaining third is assign to yet another. All dining rooms are utilized each night, just by a different group of passengers depending on the rotation group they are assigned to.

I guess there's Formal formal night and then a kind of formal night ... which night is the most formal? And if the formal night is on Sunday night, if I send our stuff out for pressing first thing when we get there, will it be back by Sunday dinner?

Okay, a lot of questions here.... I will try to get them all in... First off which cruise is the OP on? We are also on your cruise I think.;) Now the first day is really PC embarkation. The first night is really a get to know the ship and staff night.... I guess the staff gets to know you even more important at dinner.... The first Sea Day which is that SUnday is Formal night. This is the night if you see people in a tux, this would be the night. Many guys do the jacket and tie thing, but you will see guys in tux, including my guys. Us gals (DD & I) usually wear our Christmas dresses. Wednesday is Pirate night. You see some people dress way over the top and others just wear the bandana that DCL provides and others wear nothing. In all of our cruises, we have never dressed, just bandanas and something simple. DD & I usually do flare skirts, but they are something we would wear anyway. Now last March is the first time I dressed the kids as they had been Pirates for Halloween & this March we will NOT dress them because they got waaaayyyy over heated at the pirate party in that garb. I guess I do have to remember it is 88 degrees in the Carribean the first of March. Now as far as the pressing question goes. You have Sat and Sun to get the stuff to the pressing services. They come back really quick. They ask for 4 hours but it has always made it back to us in less than 2 hours. They are preparred to even press formal dresses even though they give you this long "clause" to sign saying they are not responsible. They do well!!! Semi Formal night. Yes this is Thursday. I tell people if you dress like you are going to a day time wedding you are fine. This is the day that usually the guys do without the jackets and stick to shirt and tie. I usually do a nice skirt and blouse for DD & I. Except for our 2006 cruise which we renewed our wedding vows on the ship and were all decked out from this event.

DInner rotation. There are three dinner rotaions. They were doing a trial of a different way where there were only one rotation with each seating, but I hear they went back to the old way. If this is true, then there are three rotations with each seating. (So 6 different times you can eat). You stick to the same time each night and you rotate with your ENTIRE restaurant parties including your servers to the three different resteraunts each night. No matter what you rotate with the entire place between the three places. You will not fine out where you dine and on which night until you get to the ship. It will be on your KTWC and on tickets in your room. Everyone celebrates formal, pirate and semi formal night on the same night regardless of what restaurant you are dining in. So where you are eatting does not matter and you will have the same exsperience. I have been in ALL three between all of our cruises on each night and it was all the same. So enjoy your cruise. JUst take the clothes with you, go with the flow and know you do not have to preplan that much in advance; as long as you have your clothes with you you will be fine. Take it from a DCL vet. After nearly $70,000 of ours going to DCL I think they should be pressing my clothes for free. lol..... Enjoy your cruise.;):)

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your responses, especially atinkerbellmom! We are on the 2/28 Eastern cruise, and I believe the rotation is back to:

Sat. (Sea)

Sun. (Sea) [Formal]

Mon. (Sea)

Wed. (St. Johns)

Thu. (Sea) [semi-Formal]

Fri. (Castaway)

Wednesday is Pirate night. You see some people dress way over the top and others just wear the bandana that DCL provides and others wear nothing. ;):)

On a Disney cruise they allow cruisers to wear nothing? I'm shocked.:D

-Sam

Archived