Panorama Deck rooms

fitch7107

I just got a room assignment for a room 1029 on the panorama deck. Have never stayed this high up before. Does anyone have any experience with rooms on this deck. I am more likely to be sick from the motion with being so high up on the ship?

We just had a Spa Balcony on the Splendor (Spa Deck 1116).

It was the first time we had ever stayed that forward or that high before (Mr Tightwad won't spring for balconies....so we usually do an OV)....

I was SHOCKED how little motion we felt. And it just wasn't smooth seas...when we had lunch in the AFT dining room one day...the ship was "moving"...not bad but noticeable...and we never noticed a thing.

Of course, I take one Bonine every morning (whether I need it or not) as a preventative!!

High and forward on either Lido or Panorama decks is our first choice of location. I've noticed a bit of motion up there but really just noticeable and that's it. I've never been seasick, so I'm not sure whether it would affect someone prone to it. The main reason I like those locations, though, is that it's VERY quiet. Very few people will wander that far forward so you have very little problem with noise in the halls. You are also a quick walk from the Lido and the stairs/elevators you can take down to the Purser or the Promenade.

I too take Bonine every day, no matter what deck my cabin is on, but..... the Panorama Deck is great!!!! I didn't notice any more movement up there than anywhere else. In fact, the worst place for me is the dining rooms. We stayed in 1038 on the Valor and loved it!

Truthfully Fitch if you just start popping ginger tablets a week before the cruise and keep it up through the cruise you shouldn't have motion sickness. Ginger is just ginger and it's a natural antiemetic (nausea) pill. Just a supplement so just like taking vitamins, and not effects from cocktails with it, no side effects at all!!

We usually are up there and deck 8 was our favorite, never got sick once.

Have a great cruise!!!

Carole

We have stayed on the Panarama Deck twice before and currently have a room booked on the Victory on the Panarama Deck. You'll love it! I have never noticed excessive movement on that deck. Plus, you're so close to the pool! It's a great location! :)

Truthfully Fitch if you just start popping ginger tablets a week before the cruise and keep it up through the cruise you shouldn't have motion sickness. Ginger is just ginger and it's a natural antiemetic (nausea) pill. Just a supplement so just like taking vitamins, and not effects from cocktails with it, no side effects at all!!

We usually are up there and deck 8 was our favorite, never got sick once.

Have a great cruise!!!

Carole

So can I buy these ginger tablets at somewhere like Wal-Mart?

We LOVE the panorama deck, had a cabin there on the glory and booked again on liberty in march 09. The pool deck, spa, gym and bars are all very close, and its a very peacefull deck for sleep. We've been on 7 cruises and I didnt notice any more motion there than we did on lower decks

Doesn't Bonine make you sleepy? I really don't like feeling like I've had a lobotomy the entire cruise.:confused:

I too take Bonine every day, no matter what deck my cabin is on, but..... the Panorama Deck is great!!!! I didn't notice any more movement up there than anywhere else. In fact, the worst place for me is the dining rooms. We stayed in 1038 on the Valor and loved it!

Bonine is what's in the "non-drowsy" Dramamine, so it's supposed to not make you sleepy, but it does make me feel kinda funky, so I don't take it preventatively. I always bring it to take if I need it, and that's never happenned, on 8 cruises. There's really no need to take it daily. The couple times I have taken it, on small boats, I have taken the chewable kind and it kicks in in like 5 minutes, literally. I wouldn't take it unless you feel like you need to. But that's just me. I'm kind of paranoid about liberally popping pills, which is funny, because I used to liberally ingest chemicals recreationally.

That's where I bought mine. Bottle of 100 for $4 or $5.

Please, what section of Walmart has the ginger pills? I bought sea bands, bonine, kids' bonine and one other Walmart brand medicine. We had a Panorama inside room on the Ecstacy during rough seas in March and had 2 sick kids and a sick husband. Nearly fell out of bed the first night. We sail again in 6 days on the Pride, and we want to be better prepared this time.

I was going to pick up a bunch of that crystalized ginger for DH and I, but kids won't touch the stuff. I really want this to be a special Christmas cruise, and not one we remember more for the sickness.

Thanks!

Please, what section of Walmart has the ginger pills? I bought sea bands, bonine, kids' bonine and one other Walmart brand medicine. We had a Panorama inside room on the Ecstacy during rough seas in March and had 2 sick kids and a sick husband. Nearly fell out of bed the first night. We sail again in 6 days on the Pride, and we want to be better prepared this time.

I was going to pick up a bunch of that crystalized ginger for DH and I, but kids won't touch the stuff. I really want this to be a special Christmas cruise, and not one we remember more for the sickness.

Thanks!

You were taking 3 different kinds of pills for seasickness and 3 out of 4 of you were seasick? Maybe it was the pills that were making you sick. To answer the question, you can probably find the ginger pills in the same section of Wal-Mart that you bought the other pills in. In the pill section.

lol, :o I guess I wasn't clear. We had only meclazine on the first cruise, and didn't take anything until after getting sick. The new supply is for our upcoming cruise in 6 days. Probably over-prepared this time. I didn't see ginger pills, but will ask next at pharmacy next time. Thanks.

• 11 months later...

Archived