Belize - Carnival Snorkel Excursions

dvan68

Does anyone know if all of the snorkel excursions for Belize leave directly from the ship? Only the one excursion for Goff's Cay actually says that you board from the ship. In speaking with CCL, I have had both yes and no answers (not really surprising). I generally don't book ship excursions, but I thought that this would be a good way to save some time, rather than tendering to shore and then back out to the reef.

Thank you!

That's too bad you can't get the straight answer from Carnival.

I know Carnival uses Hugh Parkey for Scuba Diving excursion and they do pick up from the ship.

They are building a pier in Belize, so when that's ready it won't be an issue. But before that, it is a long tender ride to shore.

Keep asking people here, maybe someone will know for sure.

The snorkel trip we took left from the Carnival ship for 2 sites near Caye Caulker. Shark Ray Alley and another site. Free Rum Punch on the return ride. Nice trip.

Was this the Barrier Reef or Sergeant Cay?

Thank you!

Two years ago we did the afternoon snorkel trip with Carnival on Belize. I will have to see if it was Goff's Cay. If it was Goff's I can highly recommend it. The cay was a SMALL island with about 15 palm trees. I don't remember if there was food but plenty to drink, kayaks, and snorkel gear, I didn't want to leave. We had a wonderful afternoon and it was nice having them pick us up at the ship and bring us back to the ship.

We did the snorkel shore excursion that you get to snorkel with the sting rays and the nurse sharks. They picked us up and returned us to the ship. We had about a 45 minute boat ride to the snorkel site. We drove past a lot of beautiful private islands owned by movie stars and rich people like Bill Gates.

We did the snorkel shore excursion that you get to snorkel with the sting rays and the nurse sharks. They picked us up and returned us to the ship. We had about a 45 minute boat ride to the snorkel site. We drove past a lot of beautiful private islands owned by movie stars and rich people like Bill Gates.

great photos!!.. what camera do you use?... I have the Olympus however my pictures are always "find the fish".... LOL

We were on the 11/30 NCL Spirit and used Coral Breezes to go snorkeling. They were great. We found out about Coral Breezes on CC. We took their Caye Caulker and Sting Ray Alley excursion. It was very organized, professional and we saw awesome sea life. We saw a giant eagle ray, a sea tortoise and a ton of fish. The Sting Ray Alley excursion was fantastic! Tons of huge rays swimming around, very safe and very cool. After the snorkeling, we went to Caye Caulker for a very yummy lunch. We took the tender in from the ship and it wasn't bad. The tenders were big so they could take lots of people at the same time. Then it was about 30 minutes to the barrier reef. All in all it was awesome, and I recommend it if you don't want to take the Carnival excursion.

Enjoy!

Pam

We were on the Carnival Miracle in March, and did the ship's excursion to Goff's Caye. They did pick us up at the ship. The boat took us to the very,very small island, and dropped off those who did not want to snorkel from the boat. Then they took us out and we snorkeled along the barrier reef with our guide from out boat, and ended up on the beach at Goff's Caye for the rest of the time. It was a wonderful excursion! There are no permanent structures other than a dock for boats to unload, and a little thatched shelter where there were a few local people grilling burgers and selling snacks and drinks. We didn't buy anything since we had no cash on us.

I highly recommend this excursion. It was awesome!

If any of you are still reading these posts, could you tell me if when you went on your excursions if you were on a large catamaran with lots of people or in a smaller group? We trying to figure out which snorkel excursion to do in Belize.

Thanks!

We went on a smallish boat with 10 snorkelers and 4 crew. We didn't feel crowded. There was 5 of us that new how to snorkel and the others were two families with kids. The guides split us up and sent the snorkelers (us) with the most knowledgeable guide. The families stayed together with two guides of their own. We went out to the barrier reef and they stayed closer to the boat. Worked beautifully. Some other friends went on the Coral Breezes snorkel and manatee tour and had a larger boat but probably the same # of people. They enjoyed themselves, too.

Hope that helps.

Pam

Archived