Another 50% deposit sail on the way!

skyking

Book any sailing between January 1st and Feb 28 2009 and receive a 50% reduced deposit.....NOW this is for ANY sailing until Marh 2010 as long as you book between those dates... ALSO

BOOK your next getaway between Jan 5th and Jan 19th and receive up to 200.00 in OBC....Now it does show select sail dates, but has a lot of them.

THESE OFFERS ARE NOT combinable....NOT a bad deal if you are booking WAY out (up to March 2010) and need time to pay on it.

just an FYI

A reduced deposit does not excite me. You still pay the same in the long run! I figure if I can’t afford the deposit, perhaps I can’t afford the vacation.

I cruise often and try to book a cruise while on board so I have a room credit available.

Looks like Skyking is trying to drum up business.

M

Hey I like 50% deposits. I would rather keep my money for all those month than give it to RCCL.

I am planning on booking either the Majesty of Enchantment for June 22, 2009 while on the Explorer of the Seas next month. I was going to book last time during the WOW sale but I dont like that you cant combine Royal Points for a cabin upgrade with the sale. At least that is what I was told.

A reduced deposit does not excite me. You still pay the same in the long run! I figure if I can’t afford the deposit, perhaps I can’t afford the vacation.

I cruise often and try to book a cruise while on board so I have a room credit available.

Looks like Skyking is trying to drum up business.

M

Ummmm I am not trying to drum up business.... I was simply letting everyone know as this just came out, lots of people put out info when these sails pop up, I just couldnt save the flyer I got and post it, so I just took the highlights. Geeeez! People do it here all the time.

Just booked while on board, but still, I like to stay up on the latest sales that are coming out, and this sounds like another good one. I know they're trying to give ppl a little incentive to book, but I'm actually trying to talk myself OUT of booking a cruise right now, b/c I know it's going to conflict w/a big project at work....

Thanks for letting us know! While I understand that WOW sales aren't for everyone because you cannot combine other discounts, I wish those people, instead of knocking the sale, would understand that it is a good sale for many of us who don't have access to other offers. Like me.

As another poster said, why should RCI have a full deposit from me so far in advance. For a family of more than 2 people, the difference can add up to a nice sum of money that can be earning interest in my bank account in the meantime. My husband, for one, is very reluctant to reserve a cruise too far in advance, not because we cannot afford it, but because he doesn't want to tie up that much money so far ahead of time.

These wow sales do make a difference, how you ask?

Simply Put the lower Deposit is exactly what changed my mind on my next booking from Carnival back to my favorate cruise line RCI.

I was going to do Carnival because Jacksonville is s closer drive for me, but when the last wow sale came along, I decided the drive to Port Canavral Again was worth it, Seeing how my Initial deposit would be so much lower, and the stateroom credit would make up the differnce in the extra gas expence. (and yes I know I'll still pay the same in the end, however a deposit of 100 bucks compared to 286, makes a huge differnce with Christmas coming up.)

thanks , skyking!

donnak, my dh is the same way- he likes his money to earn the interest for us rather than for someone else...lol

will be looking for a cruise to book with the sale if you can combine the 200 obc with the diamond balcony discount??? thats a 400 savings in my book

just wondering is this still called the wow sale?

(dont want to sound like im making it up when talking to royal lol)

It's called the ASAP sale

Amazing

Ships

Amazing

Perks

Must be anothe one of those WHY NOT things:)

Book any sailing between January 1st and Feb 28 2009 and receive a 50% reduced deposit.....NOW this is for ANY sailing until Marh 2010 as long as you book between those dates... ALSO

BOOK your next getaway between Jan 5th and Jan 19th and receive up to 200.00 in OBC....Now it does show select sail dates, but has a lot of them.

THESE OFFERS ARE NOT combinable....NOT a bad deal if you are booking WAY out (up to March 2010) and need time to pay on it.

just an FYI

I just went on the web site - can;t find it :confused:

I'm a little confused. If you take the lower deposit, do you still get the $200 OBC for booking onboard? Can you still use the platinum balcony discount? I agree about the deposit .... I cancelled our 2010 cruise because I needed that $500 for unexpected bills, and in hopes the prices will drop later.

I appreciate the information, thanks.:)

Oh what about Next Cruise... is that still in place?

Thank you - I want to book the Oasis for November of 2010, I hope its included. :D

Unfortunately it won't be.

The reduced deposit offer is for sailings between jan 2009 and mar 2010, and we're still waiting for confirmation on whether it'll apply to dec 2009 to mar 2010 Oasis sailings or not.

The OBC offer is for selected sailings (none of them on Oasis) from mar 2009 to mar 2010.

I'm a little confused. If you take the lower deposit, do you still get the $200 OBC for booking onboard? Can you still use the platinum balcony discount? I agree about the deposit .... I cancelled our 2010 cruise because I needed that $500 for unexpected bills, and in hopes the prices will drop later.

I appreciate the information, thanks.:)

Oh what about Next Cruise... is that still in place?

The reduced deposit and OBC (on specific sailings) are combinable ... but we are being told that they are not combinable with anything else (NextCruise, shareholder OBC, C&A discounts, future OBC offers, etc.). And starting Jan 1 2009 you'll need to pick ONE offer between NextCruise, shareholder OBC and C&A discounts. You cannot have more than one of them.

The reduced deposit and OBC (on specific sailings) are combinable ... but we are being told that they are not combinable with anything else (NextCruise, shareholder OBC, C&A discounts, future OBC offers, etc.). And starting Jan 1 2009 you'll need to pick ONE offer between NextCruise, shareholder OBC and C&A discounts. You cannot have more than one of them.

Since this sale is not officaly announced can we cancel now and rebook to get the lower deposit and the OBC?

so i need to wait and see if the cruise i want is on the list of sail dates? there is no place to look right now?

the 50% off deposit starts the 1st. what about the obc sale?

does the price of the cruise usually go up with the sale? right now i can get a really good deal on the cruise i want. should i wait to book it after the 1st?

sorry so many questions:)

just an FYI

Thanks for the Info, just wondering where did you see this or where did you hear this from? I'd love to see if it applies to any cruises we have just booked.

Thanks!

:)

Archived