Perfect time to arrive at dock?

MiamiNicole

We will be on the Caribbean Princess for the Dec 26th (New Year's Sailing).
What time do you think would be ideal for us to arrive at dock. We will all be at my parents house that week and it is only 5 minutes from port everglades. We do have 1 foreign citizen and 1 resident visa holder in our group, so will that take our group a bit longer? Thanks for you expertise and imput, we appreciate it!!

Shouldn't take any longer for them if all paper work has been filled out. They will check everyone's passports or other id.

We like to arrive around 11:30 so we are onboard for lunch around 12:30. There may be more people arriving at that time and if you don't want to risk standing in line arrive several hours later.

We also like to arrive early. That gives us plenty of time to explore the ship, have lunch, as well as get first shot at reservations for the spa and the specialty restaurants. The first afternoon is always very festive, and it's nice to be settled in and ready for sailaway. Even when we have seen a line, embarkation always seems to go quickly with Princess, so I don't think one time is better than another to avoid lines.

If you can stand the wait (I can't) try to arrive around 12:30. That way you won't have to stand outside in the heat. It does take a few minutes longer for a resident card even if you've got all the paperwork filled out on line. They'll want to see the card and will write your number down again on your passage ticket. I've never figured out why, but that's what they do.

Archived