Pictures if the spirit 11/09

Hangman

Hello all as I went to work today at about 6:15 guess what was in dock? The spirit so I started to take some picture they came out ok I think, but I was asked to stop taking picture on account of Homeland security. I told the guard that I have a security clearance but he said I have to ask you, since he was nice about it I did I just drove further away and just took to or three more and drove away. I would like to share these pictures but I don’t know were or how to do that here on this board if anyone can help me or if I can email them to them and have them posted that would be great thanks.

:) Sorry it took me so long to post the pictures everyone but my laptop ac power cord went down and had to order another one and it took this long to get it then I had to find a way to post them here I hope this works

http://www.ofoto.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=170sp4mz.vtg6cyj&Uy=-4qgysb&Upost_signin=BrowsePhotos.jsp%3fshowSlide%3dtrue&Ux=0

I am glad you guys like the pictures I was about to take more but the security guard asked me to stop because of Homeland Security. I work about 1 mile from were it docks next time I will try to get pictures of it on the way in and out. I can try to take a picture from a great view from the point of Point Loma’s there is a lighthouse at the point. I just have to stay a little longer after work but I seam to do that anyway. Well till next week when she come back in have a good day all. My sailing date on her is 1/4/05:) :) :) can't wait.

I can try to take a picture from a great view from the point of Point Loma’s there is a lighthouse at the point. [/font]

Hangman--pictures of her sailing out of the bay from the lighthouse would be fabulous...pictures from shelter island would be great too! I think she sails out again on Thanksgiving day!

No offense, but if they are asking you not to take pictures of the ship for security reasons, you might want to limit the pictures that you post. I can see how pictures of the ship sailing out of the harbor might be helpful for persons who have very bad intentions.

These are the pictures I took of the Spirit in October http://www.shadowfyre.org/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=39. We were close to the ship taking pictures - and then across at the harbor - no one said a word to us about taking photos at all. Security people even waved while I was snapping shots.

I can see how pictures of the ship sailing out of the harbor might be helpful for persons who have very bad intentions.

Not to be dense, but how would they be useful?

It's not as if it isn't a well known fact where and when the ship docks and when it comes and goes. You can get that information at the cruise line's own sites.

Pictures of the ship leaving port could be used for reconnaissance by groups who wish to do harm. Pictures could reveal the exact positioning of the ship in the harbor at each stage of docking and when leaving port. Pictures could also reveal the position of coast guard ships and other DHS agents. If you'll notice, ships are guarded when leaving the port...this isn't done for show.

Archived