POA Island Ports to rent cars.

cakewalk

We are booked on the POA March 6 and I need information as to where the ports are in order to rent the cars. I know the Islands but need information as to where the ship docks and where the car rentals are located in reference to the port. Please help :eek:

Cakewalk

10 cruises

first time with NCL

I have read that most if not all of the POA cruisers are renting cars from the normal airport car rentals that includes most national car rental companies...

The airport car rentals are sending vans to the docks to pick up passengers and take them to the airport rental locations...

With the exception of Kona, we rented from Alamo at all of the airport locations. This was a problem in Hilo, since they had sent all of their cars to Kona for the Iron Man Triathlon, and they did not honor the contract (which we're addressing with Alamo). In Kona, we rented from Enterprise on Luhia St., since the airport is 20 minutes away or so.

Rich

We used Budget in every port except Kona (rented a harley there). Think I ended up using a costco member discount for the best rate.
Signed up for their Fastbreak membership - which is kind of like Hertz gold membership - but they don't charge extra for it. Received a free upgrade on some of the islands because of it.

To answer your question directly.

Oahu=Honolulu is the port
Kauai=port is Nawilliwilli--car rental is at airport at Lihue. Ask for Lihue.
Maui=Kahului--car rental is at airport there
Hawaii--Hilo and Kona are the ports.

We used Budget--always had shuttles. Pre reserve. You can reserve all the islands with one phone call. Be sure and get the local number in case you have to call for the shuttle, but doubt if you will.

Virginia

This is cakewalk and I want to thank everyone for all your help. Thanks Virginia for the ports. I now have the information need to book. We are renting cars at all the ports. I was able to book them with one call and got the local numbers. Thanks again. :-)

Cakewalk

Archived