ship time or island time

Ziggys

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if the ship (Emerald Princess in this case) always stays on ''Florida time'' or if it changes on islands where the time is not the same (in this case Antigua)

I want to book a tour on Antigua but I want to make sure the schedule is ok. Wouldn't want to be late getting back to the ship:(.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if the ship (Emerald Princess in this case) always stays on ''Florida time'' or if it changes on islands where the time is not the same (in this case Antigua)

I want to book a tour on Antigua but I want to make sure the schedule is ok. Wouldn't want to be late getting back to the ship:(.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

The ship changes the time as it goes through each time zone....

Every Princess cruise I've ever been on has adjusted the ship's clock to GMT/Zulu time in the local area, i.e., the local time zone. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

You will receive plenty of notice in your cabin if there is a ship's time clock change as it will be printed in the Patter the day before and a card left on your pillow the night of the change.

When planning to be back on the ship, make sure you leave PLENTY of time in case you run into mechanical or tire problems, traffic, etc. If the ship says to be aboard by 4:30PM, allow plenty of time to be there before 4PM.

Be careful though. I have seen circumstances in which the ship's time is NOT the same as the local time. Make sure you set your watch to the ship's clock and be on board in sufficient time so that you don't miss the sail-away.

Thank you for the warning unboringuy. Will be very careful:eek:

Archived