Ncl sky 12/12 - 12/12/15

leeanninfla

What a blast., drove from Ft. Lauderdale down to Port of Miami on Friday morning. Left home at 11am and was at the port at 11:25. Onboard by 11:45 and was ready to party. Drink of the day in hand by noon, and the day had begun.

Lunch at the buffet was good, but I was looking for something else. I had no idea where the pizza/ pasta was until the last day, but we didn't go hungry etiher way.

Made reservations for Cagney's for 5:30 which was good, for now on though if I decide to do this, I will get the filet mignon, which looked awesome compared to my fatty prime rib. Overall it was a wonderful experience in there.

We caught the show on Friday night, which was a sample of Shows to come. Leo really caught our attention, he is the singing Philipino, that was great. We ended up at Leo's show all 3 nights of the cruise. The Dance team put on an alright show on Saturday night, not broadway productions but good non the less. They certainly are an energetic bunch and the karaoke they did on Sunday night was pretty good also.

Food at the Palace on Saturday and Sunday night was great, no wait at all either night. We went at 6:30 on Saturday and 7 on Sunday, and said we didn't mind sharing a table with others and were immediatly seated. We amazingly did have 2 of the same people at our table both nights, so that was neat. We did not make reservations ahead of time, and purposely picked busy times to go, just to see what would happen.

I did not notice a smell on the decks, and did not hear noise in the room except for the scooping of the ice from the cooler outside in the hall that the cabin steward was using. We were in an inside room, 0321 on deck 10, and it was good size. I had taken my cousin on this cruise as it was her first and we did have our beds seperate, but left plenty of room to get around.

This was my second sailing on NCL, first being a 1 night on the Spirit in October, and I can honestly say I will be doing this again, I love the freestyle, and it was great.

Very cool, Leeann! I'll be on the 3-night cruise on the Sky in March.

How were the ports?

I know that on the 7-night cruises we've been on, there have always been 2 show performances per night, but I thought I read somewhere that there's only one performance for night for the big show on the Sky. Is that true?

Glad you had a great time!

W

Made reservations for Cagney's for 5:30 which was good, for now on though if I decide to do this, I will get the filet mignon, which looked awesome compared to my fatty prime rib. Overall it was a wonderful experience in there.

Had superb filet mignon and veal chop in Cagney's on Jade last week.

Very cool, Leeann! I'll be on the 3-night cruise on the Sky in March.

How were the ports?

I know that on the 7-night cruises we've been on, there have always been 2 show performances per night, but I thought I read somewhere that there's only one performance for night for the big show on the Sky. Is that true?

Glad you had a great time!

There was only one big show a night, and it was at 8:30pm. Nassau was awesome, as I have been there before and knew what to do, while my cousin was a first timer. We missed Great Stirrup Cay, the water was very rough, and not safe to tender.

Archived