Pre-Paid gratuities?

HorrorFan

I've been hanging around here long enough that I should know the answer to this but I don't.

Is there a cut-off for per-paying gratuities? I booked through a TA so do I need to let her know and then it will be added to final payment?

I usually DO NOT pre-pay gratuities, as it flies in the face of my idea of tipping. However, for my upcoming cruise I am paying in Canadian $ and with the horrible exchange rate right now, I am better off paying RCI directly (included in the cruise price) than waiting and paying in cash at the end. Their (RCI's) exchange rate is practically nil right now, so I can save $100 or so.

I've been hanging around here long enough that I should know the answer to this but I don't.

Is there a cut-off for per-paying gratuities? I booked through a TA so do I need to let her know and then it will be added to final payment?

I usually DO NOT pre-pay gratuities, as it flies in the face of my idea of tipping. However, for my upcoming cruise I am paying in Canadian $ and with the horrible exchange rate right now, I am better off paying RCI directly (included in the cruise price) than waiting and paying in cash at the end. Their (RCI's) exchange rate is practically nil right now, so I can save $100 or so.

Just call you TA and have it added to your final payment.

You know, I was going to say you can pay on board but the wisdom of your advice has got me thinking.... the £ is sinking fast.... I may just go ahead and do the same. It was a hard enough decision to pay the final balance.... now I have to try and figure out whether to pay the tips in $ in the future (which I have left over from last time) ..... or in £ now and keep the $ bills for room service and incidentals.....

Archived