Glory Review - Dec 6 - 13

stbmom

Thought I would post a quick review of our Glory sailing of the Eastern carb. We, as a family, had an excellent vacation. Camp Carnival was amazing and everyone had a great time. I am a little pressed for time, so the review will be simple.

Embarkation: Went very well. Three in our party of 8 were Plantinum and 2 belong to the Carnival Vacation club - so we got to do VIP boarding. Quick and easy. Got to drop our things off in the room when we got on board - close to noon.

Ship - the Glory is a great ship, but she is starting to show some signs of aging. The elevators were having some issues with me seeing at least 3 seperate elevators being repaired and one never worked. There was also some mold around the inner window in one of our cabins. But, not enough negative on the ship to say it was "bad". She is actually quite beautiful.

Food. The food was okay. This was my 10th cruise (not all on Carnival), so I may just be getting used to wonderful food. It wasn't bad, just not amazing. The Supper Club was very nice though and well worth the cover charge. Room service was also fast and efficient.

Activities - most of our experience revolved around Camp Carnival and I was amazed. They were very well run and all three kids had a great time. I didn't know this ahead of time, but if you have kids under age 2 - you can pay for them to go to Camp Carnival during certain hours while in port. The staff was amazing.

Spa - both my husband and I had a spa treatment as did two others in our party. Everyone was very happy with them. I will say what I was most impressed with was that I wasn't being shoved products to purchase during my facial and massage. I was allowed to enjoy the relaxing experience I was paying for.

"Bad" - there seemed to be a bug going around the ship. When my first child got sick, we thought it was seasicknesses - lasted about 8 hours. The next day another child got sick for around 10 hours. The next day - I was in bed for 12 hours straight. That night, my father-in-law got sick and was sick for almost three days (he got sick the last night). People were getting sick all over the ship. They even put up some "barf bags" by one of the elevators. Even the staff was getting sick as our Assistant Waiter missed the last night due to illness and one of the spa employees told my father-in-law she was out sick the day before. I was disappointed we never heard anything "offical" about illness on the ship. We had brought lysol with us, washed our hands often, and used hand sanitizer. But, almost everyone was talking about being a little sick in almost every venue.

Getting off the ship was a breeze as they called the first numbers before 7:15 am. We were in our car at our hotel by 8:15 (stayed at the Residence Inn).

Overall - a great vacation and we would do it again in a heartbeat. Would like to see Carnival do a little better of informing people about illness on the ship though.

Hey...I was on the same cruise and had a slightly different experience. In particular--I never saw any signs of a bug going around or barf bags as mentioned. Maybe it was a timing issue as one night (going into St Maarten) it was a little rougher than the rest of the cruise.

Supper club was very good and we went on the first elegant night and there was nobody else in the Emerald Room for the first hour. The main dining was so-so, and we did most of our meals at the Red Sail just to avoid the dining madness.

Sorry you all experienced the illness during the cruise as that is no fun to be sick on vacation. I was in Hawaii once and the first 3 days were in bed with the flu. Talk about a wasted trip!

Here is a link to some of our photos--probably looks familiar:

http://picasaweb.google.com/wmw1490/CarnivalGloryDec6132008#

Thought I would post a quick review of our Glory sailing of the Eastern carb. We, as a family, had an excellent vacation. Camp Carnival was amazing and everyone had a great time. I am a little pressed for time, so the review will be simple.

Embarkation: Went very well. Three in our party of 8 were Plantinum and 2 belong to the Carnival Vacation club - so we got to do VIP boarding. Quick and easy. Got to drop our things off in the room when we got on board - close to noon.

Ship - the Glory is a great ship, but she is starting to show some signs of aging. The elevators were having some issues with me seeing at least 3 seperate elevators being repaired and one never worked. There was also some mold around the inner window in one of our cabins. But, not enough negative on the ship to say it was "bad". She is actually quite beautiful.

Food. The food was okay. This was my 10th cruise (not all on Carnival), so I may just be getting used to wonderful food. It wasn't bad, just not amazing. The Supper Club was very nice though and well worth the cover charge. Room service was also fast and efficient.

Activities - most of our experience revolved around Camp Carnival and I was amazed. They were very well run and all three kids had a great time. I didn't know this ahead of time, but if you have kids under age 2 - you can pay for them to go to Camp Carnival during certain hours while in port. The staff was amazing.

Spa - both my husband and I had a spa treatment as did two others in our party. Everyone was very happy with them. I will say what I was most impressed with was that I wasn't being shoved products to purchase during my facial and massage. I was allowed to enjoy the relaxing experience I was paying for.

"Bad" - there seemed to be a bug going around the ship. When my first child got sick, we thought it was seasicknesses - lasted about 8 hours. The next day another child got sick for around 10 hours. The next day - I was in bed for 12 hours straight. That night, my father-in-law got sick and was sick for almost three days (he got sick the last night). People were getting sick all over the ship. They even put up some "barf bags" by one of the elevators. Even the staff was getting sick as our Assistant Waiter missed the last night due to illness and one of the spa employees told my father-in-law she was out sick the day before. I was disappointed we never heard anything "offical" about illness on the ship. We had brought lysol with us, washed our hands often, and used hand sanitizer. But, almost everyone was talking about being a little sick in almost every venue.

Getting off the ship was a breeze as they called the first numbers before 7:15 am. We were in our car at our hotel by 8:15 (stayed at the Residence Inn).

Overall - a great vacation and we would do it again in a heartbeat. Would like to see Carnival do a little better of informing people about illness on the ship though.

Hi!

We were also on this sailing and didn't experience or even hear about anyone getting sick, nor did we see any barf bags.

Sorry you guys got hit though, that really takes a bite out of your vacation.:(

Hope everyone is feeling fine now?

We also had a great time! May write a review soon.

Cindra

brief, but good, review, stbmom...sorry about the problems with illness...glad most seemed to have a good time anyway

we were on Glory for Thanksgiving week--same Eastern Caribbean itinerary...it was my first cruise, and I really liked it--the ship, the ports, the overall experience

wmw: nice pics in your slide show...that room must have been a suite; right?

Yes, that room is a cat 12 suite, room 7315 to be exact. It was a very nice layout and gave us the room we like to have while cruising. If booking another cat 12 on the Glory I would probably opt for one a little more forward. We were just under where the lido deck juts out and you'd get some noise from the non-stop movement of deck chairs. Even two levels below the lido you get that kind of noise in that area of the ship.

I never heard of anyone getting sick either although I ended up with a cold 2 days after we got home. Seas were a bit rough out of St. Maarten. Elevators were really slow a lot of times and it wasn't in relationship to shows getting out. The filet mignon and prime rib were really good. The tiny sides left a lot to be desired. Had a great time even though I stayed lost for 4 days always ending up at the Golden restaurant. Then I found you could just walk through it. Butch and James werre fabulous! Shows weren't the best I've seen. I left the new show as it was just very ordinary and not up to Carnival standards.

Archived