How I Got a Free Night at the Wyndham Riverfront

ktpc2005

Hello all, I posted this in my roll call, but this may help some of you out as well and not just in NOLA

From my roll call post:

We got the best deal of all, a free room precruise. I am a frequent traveler and find myself alot on the travel board flyertalk.com. I found this detail out about the Wyndham hotel group through flyertalk that if you book through Wyndhamrewards.com and then find the same room cheaper by more than 25 cents on another website you get the hotel for free for one night (based on confirmation by Wyndham).

I did this at the Wyndham Riverfront Hotel, which is right near the cruise terminals and Harrahs. I booked the Best Available Rate refundable room for 249.00 (never book the non-refundable just in case the claim gets denied and you have to cancel). I then found on Travelocity the rate was 186.56. I submitted the claim and was approved within 24 hours. You still have to pay for parking and possibly a couple bucks for taxes.

The deal is still available for a 2 double bed room.

There is a website that actually searches for these deals and posts them. It also explains how to submit the claim and get it approved. I have used this website to get 5 free rooms this year.

I have posted the link on my free room which I submitted to their website.

http://bestrateguarantee.blogspot.com/2008/11/new-orleans-louisiana-wyndham.html

Let me know if anyone need help in pursuing it.

Archived