baggage tag question

rockymo

Mike: yeah, I know there is a space on the tag to fill in my cabin number. Having the same color luggage tag for the entire ship would be a bit confusing I think. The baggage handlers are loading a couple thousand bags onto the ship and if they all have the same color, I would think that would slow the distribution process down in that each bag would have to be looked at during the sorting process. Carnival still uses different colored tags to designate what deck a person is on. It speeds the process up considerably. IMO, Princess would do well to go back to their old method of different colored tags that designate the various decks.

When several Princess ships are in port the same day (as often happens at Fort Lauderdale), a different color for each ship helps insure that your luggage gets on the correct ship, especially when taking a Princess transfer from the airport.

Archived