Hotel recommendation for 12/27 pre-cruise

staufj22

Hello,

We're arriving in San Juan the afternoon of 12/27 and will be leaving on a cruise on the 28th. I've already booked out post-cruise stay through Priceline (Sheraton Old San Juan), but am having trouble getting a hotel for the night of the 27th.

It looks like some of the common hotels on Priceline/Hotwire is already fully booked, so I'm not getting much luck there. Can you guys help me with a list of hotels that're good and affordable? Something simple just so we can spend the night before the cruise. We'd most likely want to take some kind of a city tour (Maybe the Segway tour) during our pre-day too.

If you are not concerned with fancy resorts and a just need an inexpensive but clean place to sleep:

in OSJ- Howard Johnson or Hotel Milano, Da House, SJ Suites

in Condado/Ocean Park- El Canario by the Lagoon, El Canario by the Sea, Coral Princess Inn, Le Consulat, Andalucia guest house

All should be less than $150.

Or do a search on this forum (it now works again) or Trip Advisor for hotels. Lots of people have been in your situation in the past.

Good luck!

If you are not concerned with fancy resorts and a just need an inexpensive but clean place to sleep:

in OSJ- Howard Johnson or Hotel Milano, Da House, SJ Suites

in Condado/Ocean Park- El Canario by the Lagoon, El Canario by the Sea, Coral Princess Inn, Le Consulat, Andalucia guest house

All should be less than $150.

Or do a search on this forum (it now works again) or Trip Advisor for hotels. Lots of people have been in your situation in the past.

Good luck!

Where's OSJ and Condado in relation to the airport, and where I have to get on the ship? I don't have a clear picture of where everything's located yet. Some websites say that taxis from the airport costs $120??

You are not looking at the right websites. Stick to this one.

You need a map:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&om=1&msa=0&msid=116969536791656461166.00000111c2647d9ad5cbd&ll=18.454372,-66.058559&spn=0.080114,0.154324&z=13

The airport is on the right. Located in Carolina, just near Isla Verde.

Going west, after you go through Isla Verde, you next come to Ocean Park, then Condado, then Old San Juan. They are only about 5 mins driving time through each town apart, so from the airport to OSJ it should be about 20 mins.

The cruise ships either leave out of Pier 4 in Old San Juan or Pan Am pier across the bay from Old San Juan. It depends on what cruise line you are using.

Taxis should be under $25 to either pier from any hotel you choose including luggage. Here is exact fare info:

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/getting-around-by-taxi/

Archived