Cosol tour question

onceagain

So, we've heard that the Cosol tour is fabulous - we booked it. But a couple of our group tend to get motion sickness. They will take meds, but someone said the ride back to the ship is very, very curvy and fast. True? If one tends to get motion sickness is it best to skip this excursion?

My with and I took the tour in November and loved it. All of Cosol's vans are like new, high roof vans. Not the worn out low to the road cars and vans that are used as taxies on most islands. My suggestion is to have those who have motion sickness sit in the front seat or the first row bench seat and sit in the middle so they have a clear view of the road ahead. One of our group who initially sat in the rear started feeling car sick and switched places with the person in the front seat. After that she did not have any problems. Another possible solution is to drink a lot of the free Piton beer and rum punch.

When we did Cosol's tour in October 2007, the van stopped several times for someone who was getting sick. The driver pulled off and the person threw up and we were on our way again. There is a lot of eating and drinking along the way. So if you are prone to motion sickness, watch what you eat and drink, but certainly take this tour. It is wonderful.

We just got back from a trip to St. Lucia and I can highly recommend Cosol's tour. I get motion sickness very easy but on the cruise I take Bonnine at night before I go to bed. It lasts 24 hours, so while on this excursion I had no problems at all. Of course I had read where it was bad to sit in the back of the van (which was new) so I sat in the middle by the window. Most of the islands have steep winding roads and you the driver's all "honk" when they go around the corner to alert other drivers that someone is coming. Cosol's drivers are safe and do not drive dangerously or scary so it is not a rough ride.

Do not be afraid of getting sick. This is the best tour we went on and St. Lucia is a very beautiful island. The only way to truly experience it is to have a knowledgeable guide take you around and let you get to experience all of the food and drink that is offered. Plus you get to snorkel at the end of the tour.

Hi,

We just got back from our cruise 3 days ago. We took the Cosol Tour on Dec. 13th, the tour guide was Hilery, and we had a wonderful time.

The Bonine pills suggestion sounds like a good idea, however we had no problem with motion sickness at all. Possibly it is because we sat in the very front seat, I wanted to shoot some video through the clear Plexiglas over the top of the cab and it worked out very well. You should probably mention this motion sickness problem to the tour guide at first in order that he can be aware of this and maybe can offer some suggestions.

This was an absolutely fabulous tour, we were able to see even more than I had expected to. Hilery was very informative and had a wonderful sense of humor, he made a good tour into a great tour. By all means, if you go to St. Lucia be certain to sign up with Cosol Tours, it was a very wonderful first time there for us and we have a great collection of memories because of them.

Randy

Archived