Air Fare to FP

cj013

Will be going on the Star Flyer in Sept. 09 and I would like to know from those who have done this trip did you get your airfare through Star Clippers or did you do it on your own. If through Star Clippers do they have you arrive the day before the ship sails and if I get my own air should I go a day early?

We did the airfare through Star Clippers on Air Tahiti Nui. (Nice airline) I shopped around a lot and really couldn't do any better on the airfare. If you book with Star Clippers they give you a day room at the very nice Raddison Hotel on departure day.

We flew in on the sailing day along with about 30 other people so I wasn't worried about the ship leaving without us. Landed at PPT at 19:30 and we were on the ship by 20:45 just in time for dinner.

Happy Sailing

Pat

We booked our flight to Tahiti through Star Clippers this coming February and couldn't beat their airfare package. However, we are staying an extra week so Star Clippers charged us "deviation fees". This amounted to two hundred dollars for each of us because we are also leaving a day early to ensure we can get to LAX in time for the the flight. We live in the Sacramento Valley which is one of the fog capitals of the world in the winter. We didn't want to take any chances on being grounded due to the fog and missing the ship. Anyway, the result was that our roundtrip air from Sacramento through Star clippers totaled almost $3k.

When we arrive in Tahiti, the transfer from the airport to the ship is included but not the day room or the transfer from the ship to the airport after the cruise. This is because our flight to Huahine doesn't match up with their schedule. So, we pay extra for our transfer to the airport. Upon our return, we'll have a wait at the airport to catch our flight back to the US. I think we'll be sorry to miss that "dayroom" but we'll have had what should be an incredible week in a beach bungalow at the Relais Mahana on Huahine.

We booked our own airfare and I don't think it matters much which way you go. We did get the day room at the end at the Radisson and that was very much worth it..lovely suite, actually, with a fabulous view. Food was expensive but someone said "Split the chicken club sandwich..its huge" ..great advice and that with a beer and an orange drink was $30!!

We went in on Tuesday night for our Sunday sailing and were glad for the extra days..we stayed at the La Mandarin Hotel right downtown..good price and we could walk to the ship on sailing day! Took a day trip with Dave's Adventures going around the coast road and the ferry over to Moorea one day..the Moorea Express has a Senior rate that saves a LOT!!

Took Aremiti 5 over (the fast ferry) and the Express back (also a fast ferry) easy to do..got a leTruck (an old school bus) and went around the Island. In FP the school buses take children to/from school and are used as regular buses the rest of the days. Good idea!

Sherry

Archived